canter.net/ Indiana Wesleyan DVD classes?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jenlovestoteach, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Jan 2, 2008

Has anyone done these for graduate credit? How are they? Bored to tears? Worth the money?

3. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Jan 2, 2008

I took some Canter classes to maintain my certification. That was about 15 years ago. They weren't bad and you get to work when and where it's convenient for you.

4. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Jan 2, 2008

I took the canter courses. Several of them in fact. They were on video. You watch and take notes for maybe ab hour. Then answer questions, and write a paper. Then when all is done send it in for a grade. No tests no classes to meet. I loved it . Worked into my schedule and I completed 2 courses in 7 weeks, of course it was summer time and I was not teaching. But I worked before my kids woke and then later in the evenings.
    I have taken: Succeeding with Difficult Students, Helping students become self directed learners, Building Your repertoire of teaching strategies. They all had really good ideas, as with all classes some things were really helpful and other things were not.

5. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Jan 2, 2008

thanks for the responses!! :)

6. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Jan 3, 2008

I've taken a few of these - I didn't think they were the very best of courses, but they had some interesting info, and once I motivated myself to get the work done, they weren't too bad.