can't wait...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by beanie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 5, 2008

hey guys, how long till you get back into your classrooms?? I joined about this time last year and spent hours looking at your classroom pictures! Being in Australia, we are 4 weeks into term 3, so seeing nice, new, clean and organised classrooms was a little exciting.

Are you guys bummed that you won't get the chance to do any Olympic activities?

3. Grace

Grace Companion

Aug 5, 2008

We could get into our classrooms starting yesterday. I probably won't go in until late this afternoon or tomorrow though. I've been perusing all of the great classroom pictures on here too! They are so inspiring! Hopefully my room will be half as cute and organized as the ones posted on here! :)

4. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2008

Hi- I will still be celebrating the Olympics! :)

5. JenL

JenL Comrade

Aug 5, 2008

i love the olympics and i am a little bummed that i won't be able to plant myself in front of the tv for long hours of olympics coverage.

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 5, 2008

ditto:D

7. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 7, 2008

I have set up the TV in my classroom - might be a case of "just amuse yourself for 5 more minutes kids!" hahahah

8. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Aug 7, 2008

My class began this monday, so we have already begun our Olympics unit! :) I am really excited and the kids seem to be enjoying it tons!

9. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Aug 7, 2008

What part of Australia are you in? I went to Australia a few years ago and loved it. We went to Brisbane, Cambra, Melbourne, and Sydney. When we were in Brisbane we actually stopped at a school while we were there. It was a lot of fun and I was impressed how the school was ran. Sorry if I misspelled any of the names of the cities. :unsure:

10. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 7, 2008

I've been working in my room for a couple of days now. There is quite a bit to do though. I won't be doing anything related to the Olympics because we are so busy doing everything else. I don't think the TV channel shows events during the school day anyhow (we might have the cable channels, I'm not sure.) IF it is possible I might let them watch some events after lunch when everyone is tired and can't focus anyhow.

11. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 18, 2008

hey runnerss, I am in Victoria (Melbourne is our capital city) You did pretty well, just missed Canberra!

The Olympics is half over now - getting a bit sick of the Aussies finishing 4th in events!!

All the swimming finals were in our school time (due to NBC wanting to show them in American Prime Time) so we have had to do most of our watching during the day. Has built the kids patriotism somewhat! Been able to share the Olympic love.

Looks like the Hockeyroos might be out too at the moment....boohoo...

12. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Aug 18, 2008

When I was in Melbourne our host family took us to a space museum. It was a ton of fun. That isn't in Victoria, is it?

13. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 19, 2008

umm, no, I think that might have been Mt Stromlo in Canberra - it got burnt in some bushfires a couple of years back...I can't think of one in Melbourne...Melbourne is in Victoria...

14. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 19, 2008

there is a Planetarium at Scienceworks in Melb though...maybe it was there