Can't think of math game title

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by teacherpa, Sep 4, 2012.

1. teacherpa

teacherpa New Member

Sep 4, 2012

I was a substitute last year, and in one of the classes, they played a math game, and I can't think of what it's called. The students get a few numbers, and they have to add/subtract or multiply/divide in order to get to one of the other numbers? Or something like this...it was such a fun game, and I would like to play it with my class this year. If anyone could help...

3. jenneke607

jenneke607 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012

I've seen a number of variations of this, and I usually throw the word "target" in there when I create it. I've called it things like "Tricky Target," or played a version from Origo's Fundamentals game series called "Choose or Use." Are you looking to design your own version and need a catchy title? Or are you hoping to be able to google it based on a specific name?

There is also a commercial game called "24," which is a lot of fun. The cards come prepared, with different versions available. For one you have to add or subtract the numbers to get to 21, one involves multiplication/division, another includes exponents...

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 4, 2012