Can't stop thinking about it...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by StudentTeach, Jun 8, 2011.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jun 8, 2011

I had a very strange dream last night that one of my seniors from last semester told me his mom was really sick and going to die. I sometimes have what some call a kind of "sixth sense" where I'll think about someone and I'll randomly see them or they'll call me, or I'll say something and it happens not too long after. This dream has been bothering me all day and I've been contemplating sending him an e-mail (he's at my previous school) and just ask if everything is okay. Have you ever had dreams about students? If you were me, would you send an e-mail to ask if everything's okay?

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 8, 2011

As someone who has experienced something similar, I'd send an email.

4. dibba

dibba Rookie

Jun 8, 2011

If you send him an email at all, I'd keep it VERY generic, like "just hoping you have a great summer, I'm sure you'll do great in college, thinking of you and your family."

I wouldn't say anything close to "how is your mom doing, hope everything is OK".. or even mention his mom.

By sending what I first suggested, it leaves it open for him to reply back and say "my mom is sick and dying", or "mom died yesterday", just him knowing you emailed him would keep the communication lines open.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 10, 2011

With your past dream experiences, yes, do send an email if you want.