Can't Decide between two jobs!!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by chiteacher65, Jul 25, 2013.

1. chiteacher65

chiteacher65 New Member

Jul 25, 2013

Hello Teachers~

So I was (FINALLY) offered a teaching job in a public school, but part time 6th grade. Principal wants me to come in tomorrow afternoon to sign contract...

I also have a lesson interview tomorrow morning at a Charter School, on the south side of Chicago. Full time position teaching K--32 kids in a class!

Not saying I am guaranteed full time position but was told the decision gets made pretty quickly.. anyways I am afraid after signing contract for part time job, they would possibly call me and offer full time job. the question is, can i break the contract? is it worth the full time position for the stress and travel? might not even need to worry about this after tomorrow but it is in my nature to!

Advice?

Thanks!

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 25, 2013

Is there any way you can ask the principal for an extra day or two before signing the contract?

4. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 25, 2013

Put off signing the contract until you know for sure. Full time beats part time, but you don't want to burn any bridges with the public district.

5. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

Jul 25, 2013

What is the pay differential between the two? That may help to make up your mind. Also, is there a reason they have 32 kindergartners in one class? That seems to be on the high side to me.