Can't Decide between two jobs!!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by chiteacher65, Jul 25, 2013.

  1. chiteacher65

    chiteacher65 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jul 25, 2013

    Hello Teachers~

    So I was (FINALLY) offered a teaching job in a public school, but part time 6th grade. Principal wants me to come in tomorrow afternoon to sign contract...

    I also have a lesson interview tomorrow morning at a Charter School, on the south side of Chicago. Full time position teaching K--32 kids in a class!

    Not saying I am guaranteed full time position but was told the decision gets made pretty quickly.. anyways I am afraid after signing contract for part time job, they would possibly call me and offer full time job. the question is, can i break the contract? is it worth the full time position for the stress and travel? might not even need to worry about this after tomorrow but it is in my nature to!

    Advice?

    Thanks!
     
  2.  
  3. agdamity

    agdamity Fanatic

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    2,719
    Likes Received:
    482

    Jul 25, 2013

    Is there any way you can ask the principal for an extra day or two before signing the contract?
     
  4. Lynn K.

    Lynn K. Habitué

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2007
    Messages:
    803
    Likes Received:
    4

    Jul 25, 2013

    Put off signing the contract until you know for sure. Full time beats part time, but you don't want to burn any bridges with the public district.
     
  5. geoteacher

    geoteacher Devotee

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,034
    Likes Received:
    237

    Jul 25, 2013

    What is the pay differential between the two? That may help to make up your mind. Also, is there a reason they have 32 kindergartners in one class? That seems to be on the high side to me.
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. REW
Total: 384 (members: 2, guests: 369, robots: 13)
test