Candidate fell through...bug P?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by burgandy01, Aug 18, 2015.

1. burgandy01

burgandy01 Rookie

Aug 18, 2015

I had mentioned in an earlier post 'short and odd interview' about how the interview I had was 'fake' in the fact that there were no questions asked and it was just obvious they had another candidate in mind.

Well.....they did! But that person now cannot take the job because they failed the test :whistle:.

The way I found out about the job was through the HR gal, but the job was never posted (because they are a charter school and already knew who they wanted). I also found out through my ed. instructor that they needed a PE person.

Today after sending my instructor an email about how it seems I wont procure a job for this year she responded with:

"My teacher candidate who works at ( said school) did not pass the P. E test, so they are going to have to hire someone else"

So not only was it an internal candidate but someone ALSO from my same Ed. Program.

My question: Do I bug the P to be reconsidered? Or would I only annoy her and waste my time? (I already asked my instructor to help me out but she says she has no clout with the P)

I already received a rejection letter, but since (again) the position wasn't posted, I doubt they interviewed anyone else and school starts Monday.

....of course if they really wanted me they'd call me, I know, I know.

Thoughts?

3. Boba

Boba Companion

Aug 18, 2015

Hell, you might as well ask the principal. You have nothing to lose.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2015

Bug? No. Write a polite email stating that you would be interested in any openings that have arisen? Yes.

5. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 19, 2015

Yes that is what I would do send an email stating your continued interest in the school and to keep you in mind for any potential openings.