Canadian Teachables

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by ED457, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ED457

ED457 Rookie

Sep 5, 2008

I am a Canadian student at an American university considering teaching. I would prefer to return home to go to teachers college and work, but I have a question about the second teachable. Do I need to have all the requirements met before applying, or if I'm a few classes short but have all the necessary classes for the first teachable is there a way to make those up somewhere along the line? I've heard of AQ courses but I'm not sure how they work.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 5, 2008

What province are you thinking of returning to? I'm not sure about the other provinces, but here is a link to the Ontario College of Teachers which will give you some good information.

www.oct.ca

4. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Sep 6, 2008

I'm pretty sure it depends on what province you're going back to. I did my Ed degree in New Brunswick and then moved to Manitoba for work. My boyfriend is trying to get into an Ed program here in Manitoba and he's having to do a lot of things differently than I ever did.

Do you need a second teachable to get into your program of choice? I have two teachables, but many of the people in my Ed program did not.

5. ED457

ED457 Rookie

Sep 7, 2008

I'm from Ontario, and every school that I've looked into requires two teachables for the intermediate/senior levels. I would be open to studying in a different province though, or even Buffalo.

I looked at the website, and it helped a lot. Thank you both!