Can you relate???

Discussion in 'General Education' started by **Mrs.A**, May 12, 2010.

1. **Mrs.A**

**Mrs.A** Comrade

May 12, 2010

Someone emailed this to me...:lol:

[​IMG]

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 12, 2010

How funny!!!

4. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

May 12, 2010

On point!

5. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

May 12, 2010

:lol:

I can definately relate to that!

6. really?

really? Rookie

May 12, 2010

True...

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

May 13, 2010

Love it!

8. robinsky

robinsky Rookie

May 13, 2010

Here's another comic along the same lines: [​IMG]

9. wisdom

wisdom Rookie

May 13, 2010

Don't even get me started about the state of the American family unit!...

Generation of narcissism, this is just the starter. It's a whole monster mixed in with entitlement, self-pity, "self-ostracization" and self-image-validation...

Nothing is my fault and how dare you for disagreeing with me... "are you racist?"...

!!!

10. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

May 13, 2010

This is so true in many cases.

Last year, there was a middle school student in one of the schools I worked for that would literally just sit in the class (with his ball cap on) and do absolutely nothing - no effort or energy given for anything at all. I asked the other middle-school teachers about the kid during lunch. The P happened to be eating with us as well. He said "Don't worry with him. Just leave him alone and focus on the other students." Noticing my rather shocked expression, he added "I know it's frustrating, but if you say anything to him about it, his mother will be in the office tomorrow morning yelling and screaming about it. So, just let him sit there for now. We {the regular staff} will take care of it."

The math teacher at that same school told about a voicemail she got from a parent, whose son was failing math. She had sent notes home with the child explaining that he refuses to do any of the assigned work and becomes defensive and irate when she tries to tell him he has to do the work when he is in her class if he expects to get any grade other than an "F". The father calls and tells the teacher it's her job to help "Little Johnny" and he would be doing better in her class if she was better at her job." He continued by saying "I deliver waste material to a warehouse for disposal and, even when I have trouble with the load, I still have to get it delivered. I don't get to make any excuses for not doing my job."

I told the teacher she should call back and say "How easy is it to deliver the waste when your truck won't run at all?"

11. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

May 13, 2010

Our district's policy is that if there is one failing grade on the progress report or report card, the student is unable to participate in any extracurricular activities until grades come out again.
    I was cornered by a grandparent of an ineligible student. "It is that teacher's job to come up with extra credit so Sam will pass. He is in school every day and should be passing. I'm going to get that teacher for this!" I asked her "What about personal responsibility?" I also have this student in class and he is lazy and disruptive. "It is the teacher's job to make sure he passes!"

12. hac711

hac711 Companion

May 13, 2010

I am sick and tired of parents blaming us teachers!! If I came home with bad grades or received a phone call for having a smart mouth, both of my parents would have had my butt on a plate followed with a guilt-trip from gramma. I think parents are part of the "me me me" generation where they don't take responsibility for anything their kids do...they will be in for a shock when little johnny can't hold down a job and is 40 and living in their basement.