can you all entertain my screaming so I can go back to my class in peace?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by FourSquare, Dec 30, 2013.

1. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

:eek:

I am preparing later this week to come back from break. You know I made a list of all the things I have to think about, and almost none of them had to do with actual children? Just perusing my email, here is what I'll be organizing on Thursday:

• Transferring IEP goal monitoring on specific sheets, because we have a new Area leader and s/he wants this paperwork done That Way.
    • Pretending like my MAP data is relevant and reading over my DesCartes bullet points. Cause I need to be prepared to speak about RIT bands if Somebody walks in.
    • Ditto for MAP Vocabulary cards!
    • Reformatting all my objectives into "We can..." statements and making sure they're posted somewhere.
    • Completing a lengthy lesson plan document for a museum program I am in. I did get some resources if I agreed to submit their lesson on their template, but it's something crazy...like 4 pages long!
    • Combing over my IEPs with a new district checklist to make sure each data point is in the "correct" box.
    • I have to personally walk Undergraduate transcripts to my grad school because apparently having 2 master's degrees and a teaching license is not sufficient evidence that I completed undergrad.

:dizzy:

I feel like all of my anxiety is testing or mandate related. :mad: Can't I just enjoy teaching children? I can really do it when people let me! :eek:

:crosseyed I don't remember ANY of my teachers thinking about this stuff at all. :sorry:

3. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Dec 30, 2013

I feel exactly the same way! If I could just teach instead of having 999 things weighing me down, I would absolutey love what I do. Heck, somedays I could get pretty close to the "love my job" status if I only had 997 things, lol.

4. comaba

comaba Cohort

Dec 31, 2013

This is so true.

I feel that I was a more effective teacher before I became so burdened with all the 'accountability' stuff that my district requires.

5. queenie

queenie Groupie

Dec 31, 2013

I know!!! I spend so much of my "planning" time on paperwork- trying to make it look like I'm doing what they want me to do- that I don't have time to plan how to actually TEACH my kiddos! Ugh!