Can you accept a 1/2 time position as an intern in Texas?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by fratbrats, Aug 11, 2007.

1. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 11, 2007

Here's another one of my newbie questions.....

I'm an alternative certification candidate in Texas. Can I take a position that is 1/2 time and count it for my internship year? Or does it need to be full-time. I have no idea and the ACP office is closed until Monday.

Of course, half-time is ideal for me. This job would be kind of a drive and I envision being able to go grocery shopping alone, while my 3 boys are in school.:wow: (It's the little things that get me excited!) I would be so refreshed for my class everyday! Think of all the class activities that I could plan with my free time!

Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly!:up:

3. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 11, 2007

I really am not sure. I wondered the same thing though. I want to go pt when we have kids, but I'm not even pg yet so I guess I don't have to worry about that for this year. haha

4. greenbean6

greenbean6 Companion

Aug 11, 2007

I know that my university allows a part time internship to count providing it is at least 3 periods. I'll cross my fingers that it is the same for you!!!

5. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Aug 11, 2007

I am alt cert in Texas, and to my knowlede you must complete one year of teaching full time, but call Monday, can't hurt to ask!!!