Can I get some opinions on my new website?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peachyness, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 10, 2009

So, I have my website, for the most part, finished. I still want to go through and add some more info and clean some stuff up. But, can I get some feedback? I want to get as many feedbacks before I present it to my P. I have to present it to her and get her approval before I can post it on the web.
    BTW: the host I'm using is temporary. The real site won't have those anoying ads on the bottom.

http://cnutting.angelfire.com/index.html

:thanks::D

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 10, 2009

It's cute, Peachy!

Is the tiger your school mascot?

You might want to cut down a bit on the graphics to make it look a bit cleaner. The extra thumbtack could probably go, as could the tiger and apple/chalkboard if there is no special meaning to him.

I like how the two 'memos' on the bottom of the page match in style-I'm big about all the art on a website being the same style. Can you make the 'Welcome' memo look wavy like the bottom ones? Also, could you make the math websites area look like a wavy memo? The graph paper is cool, but doesn't fit the rest of the style.

Could you move the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon to the bottom of the page and the memo's to the middle? It seems like that is the information your parents are going to be looking for, and you have to scroll down the page to find it. This way they can find it quickly, and scroll down to see the cute cartoon.

Otherwise, it looks great! What an awesome idea for your students and parents!

ETA: I love how your avatar looks just like you!!

4. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Nov 10, 2009

I really like it!

On the rewards page, erasers is spelling wrong.

I think it looks great though!

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 10, 2009

Jem, thanks! Yes, I didn't like how clutter it started to look. The tiger is our mascot so I want that one to stay. Otherwise, like you said, the others will go. I really liked how it was going in the beginning, but as I went and added more, it just got too much on my eyes.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 10, 2009

Thanks. I still need to go through and check my spelling. Since I do everything by HTML coding through notepad, it doesn't automatically catch misspelled words. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

7. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Nov 10, 2009

Very nice! I strongly agree with moving the memos up. Games and whatnot can go down below for the kids, but those parent items should be front and center and easy to immediately get to, like Jem said. I like it. Very cute. I really like that SLANT poster too. That is really cool

8. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Nov 10, 2009

I would love to but I can't read your website because it's mostly image-based.

9. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 10, 2009

I'm sorry! It is based on images. I used paint to write what I wanted to say onto these images of note pads and post-it notes because I wanted it to look like one of those cork boards. I'm sorry that since it's so image based it is hard to tell what it says. The links to go to text though.

10. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 10, 2009

Cute, cute, cute...

Just one question or suggestion for clarification

"I've created this web site for my students, parents, and educators."

I think I'd make a separate link for "Teachers" and omit the educators in the quote.