Can anyone think of a possible reason for...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AsherDasher, Jun 23, 2012.

1. AsherDasher

AsherDasher Companion

Jun 23, 2012

While I sit here waiting... :down: can anyone think of a possible reason for having one candidate interview on a Wednesday and then have further interviews scheduled for the following week?

Some background info. I did a 2nd round demo. lesson this past Wednesday and was told that an answer would be made after other lessons were seen this next week. The way it sounds to me is that I did mine, while the others were not scheduled until days after mine. Why would this be? Hmm... it has me over thinking as always! I guess thats what you do when you want something SO much!

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

Jun 23, 2012

My objective assessment of that is that they originally just wanted to go with you and you were there main candidate, but then saw the demo lesson, and it wasn't quite what they were looking for. As such, they called up a few others to do demos the next week to keep their options open. You will have a chance, but they are not as excited as they originally were. Sorry to be a downer, but that's how I read it and you were asking.

4. AsherDasher

AsherDasher Companion

Jun 23, 2012

Totally cool. Other than this was info. that they provided me with while at my demo. lesson. That I would hear something next week after they finished up... Is that still what you're thinking? Maybe not...?

5. ravinraven

ravinraven Companion

Jun 23, 2012

Maybe other candidates were only available later in the week?

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2012

I agree. It sounds like a scheduling issue: either the candidates had limited availability of the interviewers did.

7. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 23, 2012

The school I was hired at did interviews on a Friday and then the following Friday and Saturday. So there was over a week between the first and last people interviewed. That's just how they scheduled it - maybe that's what happened in your situation?

8. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 23, 2012

Scheduling issues with admin would be my guess.

9. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jun 23, 2012

I don't see that at all. More like scheduling issues, I think.

10. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 24, 2012

I agree with scheduling issues either admin or the candidates.

11. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 24, 2012

I also agree with the scheduling. However, that does mean that when it comes to decision time they will have seen the other candidates more recently. If you haven't sent a thank you note, get that out ASAP. If you have already sent a note, a well timed e-mail could remind them :)

12. AsherDasher

AsherDasher Companion

Jun 24, 2012

Wonderful. I already sent a thank you so that is taken care of. I appreciate the insight as to how this situation could be perceived. It's one of those things where simply bc I am waiting I am over analyzing EVERYTHING. Yikes, not really what I should be doing (or could be doing) with my time :) Heres hoping I will hear something soon!