Camera Photo Question

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Maithal, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Jul 4, 2010

First off, happy 4th of July everyone! My future sister-in-law accidently deleted pictures on her camera while talking. We are wondering if there is any way to retreive the lost pictures?

I found a website where you attach a USB cable to your computer after downloading a website (don't have the name in front of me) and it should retrieve the pictures. Anyone done anything like that or anything else similar?

TIA!

3. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 4, 2010

Take heart; yes, there is! :) I did the same thing this past year, and our tech director, bless her, knew how to retrieve them. If no one else on AtoZ knows how to, I will be happy to try to get ahold of her after this holiday weekend to find out. :)

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 4, 2010

I lost my pictures from my husband's graduation from basic training for the military. I found a website where you sent the memory card in to the company. It was about $70 and it wasn't guaranteed that they would retrieve anything. I actually DID get all of my pictures back.

I don't remember what the name of the company is-you can probably search online. It depends on how important the pictures are to her, since it's not guaranteed and pretty expensive.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

6. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jul 5, 2010

Google "free photo recovery" -- there are several free programs out there that will work.

7. bros

bros Phenom

Jul 6, 2010

Is it on a SD card or the camera itself?

whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE PICTURES OR CHANGE ANY SETTINGS ON THE CAMERA