Calling all pregnant teachers....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jeky, Jun 21, 2013.

1. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 25, 2014

I don't mind sharing. The name I like is Holden. I like how it's not as popular, but not too out there. My husband likes Dominic. I like Dominic also, but our last name starts with a D and I don't really like how it sounds together. The other name we're thinking about is Jace/Jase.

My only concern about Holden is maybe the opportunities to make fun of the name, but then I think that can happen with any name if kids are going to be mean.

2. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jan 25, 2014

I had a student with fifths last year. Then, probably about halfway through this pregnancy, a student in my neighbor's class / my intervention group had it. I had blood tests done and the dr said that I was immune to it since I'd already been exposed the previous year. Nothing else has been mentioned since, as she said there's nothing to worry about.

With my first, I didn't have my bag ready. My water broke at home and hubby was left to get the bag together on his own. You'd be amazed at the things that ended up at the hospital with us! Now, I have a bag ready! :lol:

We have a name, but we've kept it a secret to this point. It's been so nice being the only ones to know our sweet girl's name...not even my parents know! :)

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 25, 2014

I like both the names. And agree kids can make fun of any name.

My water broke at home too. I packed my bag and Dh's bag. Plus ironed his cloths and took a shower. I thought I just peed a lot.

4. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Jan 25, 2014

I love Holden! I am totally partial to boys names that start with "H". If this one was a boy I wanted to name him Henry :)

But this little girl will be Molly.

5. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jan 25, 2014

BF's initials are DD. All his friends call him double D. I hate it because it reminds me of a bra size, but he doesn't care at all. If a kid is going to be mean, they'll find something unfortunately.

Love the name Holden :) JD Salinger is one of my favorite authors.

6. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jan 25, 2014

I think the same initials are becoming popular, at least with people I know. I know a MM, a DD, and we will have an OO

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 25, 2014

I'm glad to hear that others like the name Holden! I know that some people love the same initials (like my husband!), but I'm not a fan.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 26, 2014

I know people whose last name is Holden. LOL!!!
    I know a lot of people with same initials...me included!!! LOL! Never thought of it as a bad thing. I don't have D's for my names though!!! LOL!!!

9. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jan 26, 2014

Holden is a very rich name!

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2014

I had my 3D ultrasound today. They had some trouble getting pictures of his face because his hands were in his face and he had his face really close to my placenta. They only charged me half the price and I made another appointment for a few weeks later.

But by the time we got home, I had a lot of pain in the right side of my stomach-like pressure that wasn't going away. We ended up going to Labor and Delivery and spent 5 hours there today. I didn't really get any definite answers. I think I was kind of dehydrated-they gave me 2 bags of fluids and I started feeling better. They also said I had blood in my urine and an elevated white blood cell count. I was sent for an ultrasound of my kidneys and appendix, but they weren't able to see my appendix. No one was in today who could do an MRI, so we ended up coming home. I'm still worried that it could possible be appendicitis since it still hurts a little, but I have a lot less pain than earlier today. They think there's a good chance I passed some stones because of the blood in the urine and the look of my kidneys. (Baby's heartbeat was fine and they didn't do anything else to check him. But he seemed fine at the 3D ultrasound.)

This isn't good timing! My husband leaves on Wednesday to move back home. I won't be home for 7 more weeks because I can't use my sick leave without a doctor's note and I can't afford to go home yet without pay.

11. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jan 27, 2014

Far, I hope you are able to follow up with your doctor today. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2014

FFH...not gall bladder is it?

13. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2014

FFH~praying for you and that baby! I like Holden, but I like Dominic better. :) I know several people that have the same letter initials.

14. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jan 27, 2014

I have a student with DD initials. We call him D-Squared. Much better than double D! :lol:

15. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jan 27, 2014

I need to get D-squared to take off...

16. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2014

I actually woke up in the middle of the night in awful pain and went back to labor and delivery. It was in my back this time, so they definitely think it's kidney stones now. They just gave me some pain medication and something to help them pass through easier. I hate pain meds and wanted to just take tylenol, but they talked me into taking one.

But then they had me wander around the hospital by myself on strong pain meds looking for the after-hours pharmacy (my husband had gone to the car to sleep and I didn't have a signal to call him). This hospital is like a huge maze! I finally found it, but they hadn't actually put the prescription in. So I had to go back to labor and delivery and then back to the pharmacy again. It was so frustrating-I just felt awful from the pain meds!

Luckily I feel ok right now, so I hope it doesn't get worse again!

17. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2014

oh FFH...so sorry can't believe they couldn't get meds for ya!!!

18. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2014

FFH~I hope that you are feeling better. I agree that they should have been able to get your meds for you.

19. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 27, 2014

Thanks for all of the concern! I don't feel pain today, but my head still feels kind of fuzzy. I'm not sure if it's from the one pain pill I took (12 hours ago) or something else. I did look at the bottle this morning and noticed it says "Do not take this drug if you become pregnant". So I won't be taking any more of them. We have to have our final house inspection to move out tomorrow morning and I'm useless right now! I feel bad for my husband!

20. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Feb 6, 2014

Well surprise, my baby came two weeks early and made a dramatic entry into the world...

I woke up at 3am on Tuesday morning with contractions 15 minutes apart. Since my first baby took 20 hours of labor I decided to wait and time them, obviously, before going to the hospital. By 4:30 am they were about 7-8 minutes apart, so I called my mom to come sleep at the house with my daughter and we were off to the hospital. I was totally planning on getting an epidural, but by the time we got to the hospital at 5:30 am the contractions were already 2 minutes apart! They checked me and I was 6 cm dilated. I kept asking for meds anyways but the nurses were saying "honey you're not going to have time, you're just going to push through the pain!".....not what I wanted to hear! In 30 minutes I got through transition, my water broke, and my body basically pushed her out by itself in 3 pushes.

We got home from the hospital yesterday and are all doing well in spite of lack of sleep. The physical recovery has been a breeze; now it's a matter of getting my hormones under control and trying to get as much sleep as possible during the day. Anyways, I can't wait until everyone else gets to share their great news too! Good luck ladies :)

21. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2014

Congratulations, Jeky! :)

22. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2014

Congrats!!! I'm glad you and the baby are doing well!

23. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Feb 6, 2014

Congrats, Jeky!

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 7, 2014

Congrats Jeky!!! That's why I say get the bag done early!!! ;)

25. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Feb 8, 2014

Congrats, glad all is going well!

26. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Feb 8, 2014

Congrats Jeky!! Glad to hear things are going well!

27. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Feb 13, 2014

Baby #2 is here! She arrived this afternoon (February 13th) and is absolutely perfect! :) hope everyone is doing okay!

28. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 14, 2014

Congrats!!!

29. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Feb 14, 2014

Congrats mstntreacherlady!!

30. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Feb 14, 2014

Congrats Jeky and Mstnteacherlady!! I had my anatomy scan today and we found out we are having boy #2. DS was a bit disappointed that he isn't having a sister, but I think he will love having a brother!

31. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2014

Yay...Congrats!!!!

32. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 15, 2014

I'm 28 weeks today! It's hard to believe that I posted here before I was even far enough along to announce to others. I've had a cold the last two weeks, but I think it's finally going away.

I also only have 4 weeks of work left. I'll be resigning after that and moving back home. My husband has actually already moved back home, so I'm anxious to be there. I wish I could have stayed until the end of the year, but we couldn't afford to live here on just my salary (my husband separated from the military).

33. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 15, 2014

Congratulations, mstnteacherlady!

34. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Feb 15, 2014

Jut out of curiosity, FFH (and you may have already posted the answer), why didn't you resign and leave with him?

35. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Feb 15, 2014

Congrats and enjoy!

36. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Feb 15, 2014

I have some important concerts coming up that I didn't want to miss. I also thought it would be easier to leave at the end of a quarter, instead of in the middle. An added bonus is that by staying until spring break, I'll only miss out on one paycheck and will also receive a lump sum summer pay. The money was important since my husband is now going to school and working part time.

37. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Feb 16, 2014

Congrats Jeky and mstnteacherlady!!! Yay for boys, mkbren88!

Hope you are feeling ok, ffh!!

I haven't checked in a lot because this has been the pg from he**!! I just spent 6 days in high risk ob for a horrific stomach bug. Baby girl is fine (she always is), but this was my 8th hospital trip this pregnancy (4th admission). All have been for nausea/vomitting/stomach bugs except for 1 (concussion). I'm so ready for April!

38. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Feb 16, 2014

Happy 28 weeks ffh!! I'm 32 weeks today :) 6 more weeks of work for me and then I'm off with my 2 crazy ones until school starts again in September :)

39. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Feb 27, 2014

How is everyone doing this week?
    Our little bitty is 3 1/2 weeks old and we are in the throes of sleep deprivation! For those that are still pregnant, enjoy your sleep while you can! :) I do love our little girl though; she is a great baby most of the time! And her big sister absolutely adores her.

40. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 27, 2014

Jeky...so glad to hear... sleep you forget how much you miss it...LOL!!!