Calling all pregnant teachers....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jeky, Jun 21, 2013.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Oct 28, 2013

I totally understand! I feel like my body has just recently figured out that I'm pregnant and I'm feeling so tired lately. I have really started feeling my little peanut move around more, and I think that's part of what's making me so tired. Baby #1 was laaaazy...this one, not so much! Hehe I'm definitely not complaining though! I love it - even what seems like little dance parties at 3 am. :)

I hope everyone is feeling good...been thinking about you all!

2. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Oct 29, 2013

I'm 12 weeks 2 days today!! I just had an appointment today and heard the heartbeat (I also bought a home doppler), so I think I'm safe to announce. I'm thinking of talking to my principal either Wednesday this week or next Monday.

I did get my glucose test results back-and they definitely made me annoyed that I even had to take the test this early. I needed 135 or under to pass and my result was.....54!

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Oct 29, 2013

Glad you had the good results, far!

So excited to be 16 weeks. My energy has not come back in the 2nd tri, but that could be due to chasing a soon=to-be 3 year old and teaching all day.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 29, 2013

FFH~glad to hear of the good results and yay on hearing the heartbeat!

5. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Oct 31, 2013

I'm officially sick! :( I've had the normal pregnancy congestion for a few weeks now, but it turned ugly this week. Now I'm suffering through a double ear infection. Blah!

6. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Nov 2, 2013

I've been looking for this thread- I found out I was pregnant a week and a half ago. I'm 5 weeks today and due in July. I'm so excited!

7. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Nov 2, 2013

Aww yay! Congrats mkbren88! So excited for you! Keep us updated! :)

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 2, 2013

Congrats mkbren88!

9. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 2, 2013

I should keep an eye on this thread. No kids of my own, but on my team of five teachers, one has triplets, one just gave birth to twins, and two others are in their first trimester.

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 9, 2013

I'm finally in the second trimester!! I've been feeling ok, except being tired and my back is starting to really hurt me after a full day of work. I don't get a chance to sit down except for during lunch.

11. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Nov 9, 2013

Mkbrenn88 congrats! How are you feeling so far?

FFH happy to hear you passed the first glucose test! My second one is next weekend - so not looking forward to it!

At first I thought the timing of this pregnancy was not ideal because it meant I would have to come to work before summer. However, I have to say that looking ahead I am so happy to have all of the holiday time off coming up in my third trimester (I'm 25 weeks). I'm hoping that will enable me to work longer into my pregnancy because I will have some time to rest in between.

12. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2013

I'm 16 weeks today! I just went and got a gender ultrasound this morning. It's a boy!!!

Now I need to think of boy names. I can think of TONS of girl names that I love, but not very many boy names at all!

13. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Nov 23, 2013

Congrats on the boy! I know how you feel. We have no boy names for the twins. We don't know the gender yet, but if its two boys we will be in trouble. In the Jewish faith, you don't name the baby after someone who is alive, and we both have a lot of male relatives. Therefore, no boy names!

Is this your first?

14. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, it's my first. We were trying for a while and got pregnant after our third IUI.

My husband really wanted a boy, but he was sure it would be a girl. I've been a little paranoid about something going wrong, so I was just overjoyed to see him wiggling around in there!

15. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Nov 23, 2013

I have an older brother so I think having a boy first is great! Of course, just a happy, healthy baby is the best really.

Our surrogate is getting an ultrasound at 16 weeks. We didnt think we would know the gender until 20 weeks but you've given us hope

16. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2013

We actually went and got an elective ultrasound at a place in town. (It was under $50.) I was too impatient to wait!

He was moving around a lot, and she told us in less than a minute. It was apparently very obvious! I've heard of some instances of it being wrong, but she was definitely certain.

I also like the idea of a protective older brother. I'm the oldest in my family, so I never had that!

17. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Nov 23, 2013

Congrats, Far! Have fun playing on all the baby name websites!

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 24, 2013

Congrats to all of you!!!

Jeky, I realize you already know this, but just a FYI for others:
    Failing other complications, you can plan to work right up to the end. With my older daughter, I taught all day, went to a faculty meeting, came home and took my son to the pediatrician, made dinner, went to the chiropractor.... and went into labor. She was born as school was starting the next morning.

Oh, and I was 42.

19. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Nov 24, 2013

True, however just because you CAN physically do it doesn't mean you have to, or even that you should.... With my first, I was still feeling physically decent but I took off one week before my due date just to rest and have some time to myself and tie up last minute baby details. I really think it helped my mental state of mind after I had the baby. But I realize everyone is different.

That being said, this time around I plan on saving those sick days for afterwards because we have to pay for daycare for our 3 year old. :)

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 24, 2013

Oh, I was planning on having 5 days free before she was born-- she was due on the Wednesday of February break, and I figured that as my first pregnancy, she would be late.

She had other ideas, and arrived on the Wednesday before February break.

Besides, I'm very much a roll with the punches kind of a mom. (I know, based on my hyperplanning tendencies, that may come as a suprise.) But I tend to be very OK with last minute changes. That week of "rest" would have driven me crazy.

21. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Nov 24, 2013

Like I said, everyone is different, right? :thumb:

22. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 24, 2013

I never hit a due date 2-3wks early every time!!!!
    So we were packed a month out!!! Well, after #1!! #1 nothing was ready because like Alice said everyone said you'll be late!!!

23. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Nov 24, 2013

Our first was 2 weeks early, but we were on summer break when she was born so I didn't have to worry about working up until. I'm planning to work as long as possible this time, but I'm definitely thankful for Thanksgiving and Winter Break since I've been so much more tired/worn out this time around.

Diznee, I feel like I need to start packing now for this one! :) We were mostly ready the first time, but I thought I was going to have to leave my hubby at home if he didn't get in gear and get out the door!! :lol:

24. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Dec 22, 2013

How is everyone feeling? I'm 20 weeks as of yesterday. I have my anatomy scan tomorrow and I'm a little worried about how it will go. I hope everything is ok with the baby!

25. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Dec 22, 2013

I'm 12 weeks and feeling pretty good! I'm still having nausea throughout the day and extremely tired but overall, I can't complain. I have my NT scan tomorrow and am excited to see my baby again.

26. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 22, 2013

I know I tell everyone to get a basics bag packed...you can get other stuff around... my must haves cheap rubber soled slip on slippers, chapstick, pony tail holders & extra socks!!!

27. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 22, 2013

Do you take prenatal vit in am or night?

28. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Dec 22, 2013

24 weeks here! Ava JoAnne is growing nicely...and boy is she a kicker!! Because I am having a repeat c-section, I will be scheduling her arrival in mid-January :)eek:). Both excited and scared to death! lol My last day of work is going to be March 28...I will be almost 38 weeks at that point. I will stay out until school starts in September. :)

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 22, 2013

Wow...Leigh...so happy for ya!!!

30. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Dec 22, 2013

Almost 32 weeks here! Even though I a still feeling pretty good I am SO thankful for winter break! I feel like I haven't been able to do much to prepare this time around. The nursery is painted and we have most of what we need from our first DD, but I need to get it all out of storage and cleaned up and stuff.

I plan to work as long as possible when I get back from break, but I am SO not looking forward to it!! I am just going to be getting to the uncomfortable/fatigued part. That and since I am pretty petite, I get CONSTANT comments from coworkers about how I look like I'm going to pop any second. I have only gained 15 pounds but with my short torso the baby has no where to go but OUT!
    Hopefully it will go by fast!

31. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 22, 2013

Jeky... I know my friend was like that...

32. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Dec 22, 2013

Almost 32 weeks! I can't believe how time has flown by this time around! I'm feeling great at the moment...though I'm extremely thankful for winter break! I'm also having a repeat section, and that's been scheduled for 39 weeks. I plan to work up to the end of the week prior if possible. I'm anxious to see if I make it that far. Haha

33. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Dec 22, 2013

I've enjoyed reading this thread and going through your pregnancies. I had all four of my children early; 36 weeks, 37 weeks, 36 weeks & 32 weeks.

My pray all of you ladies have healthy baby boys and girls!

34. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Dec 23, 2013

Diznee, I'm taking them in the morning. I was taking them at night but switched to chewables. Even when taking them at night, I still had nausea throughout the day. It's definitely worse when I'm hungry. I hate this part. I did not have this issue at all with my son.

35. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Dec 23, 2013

I had a lot more nausea with this pregnancy. I couldn't really let myself get hungry or I was sick. I feel like I snacked constantly for weeks to keep myself from getting hungry/sick. Hope it passes quickly for you. :hugs:

36. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 23, 2013

I felt the same way...found that water didn't agree with me for whatever weird reason. I could flavor it with lemon juice or drink other stuff (juice, Gatorade which I'd mix with water), but plain water made me feel so sick!!!

37. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Dec 23, 2013

I was the same way! I lived on ice cold water with lemon, grapes, and tortilla chips for a good 2 months. You have my sympathies!!
    Mine went away at 14 weeks......hopefully you are at the tail end of it!

38. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Dec 23, 2013

I found out at my ultrasound that my placenta is only 2cm away from my cervix. They put me on pelvic rest and I go back in 8 weeks to see if it has moved. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm a little worried about preterm labor happening because of the amount of stress I'm under right now.

39. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Dec 23, 2013

:hugs: far. Never had that, but I know from experience that worrying too much will only make things worse. If they don't want to see you for 8 weeks, that is a good sign.

As for me, this pg has been soooo much harder than my last. I've been sick as a dog, in and out of the hospital, and just plain exhausted. I'm hoping the last few months go smoothly...

And for a while I drank lemonade more than anything else because I couldn't handle plain water. Hugs to all of us!

40. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2013

:hugs: FFH. I agree with leigh though..the fact that they are waiting 8 weeks before bringing you in again is a good sign. What exactly is pelvic rest?