Calling all pregnant teachers....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jeky, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Jun 21, 2013

Is anyone else going to pregnant for the coming school year?

I am 6 weeks along today and as far as I can tell, am due around Valentine's Day. Hubby and I are cautiously excited (I had a miscarriage last summer at 6 weeks). I'm not looking forward to being pregnant for the majority of the school year, but hopefully once school starts and I am in the 2nd trimester I will be past the morning sickness and fatigue.

Then there's also the matter of running around after my 3-year-old daughter :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2013

Congrats! Take care of yourself!:love:

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 21, 2013

Congrats!

5. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Jun 21, 2013

Congratulations!!

I was pregnant during most of last school year and had our son in early April. The hardest part for me was the beginning of the school year. Beginning of the school year tired plus mommy of a toddler tired plus first trimester pregnancy tired made for one exhausted mommy! Other than that, it wasn't bad! Although I still laugh that when I told my kiddos I wouldn't be back after Spring Break (my son was born the day they returned to school) because I was pregnant, several students looked at me like they had no clue!

6. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 21, 2013

Congrats! I'm hoping to be pregnant, but it hasn't happened yet. I just had an IUI done today, so I'm hoping I'll have good news soon!

7. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 22, 2013

Congrats!

Good luck, Far; it took us several years and procedures to get our happy results. Hope youngest food news.

8. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jun 22, 2013

Good Luck! I had just finished my first trimester last year when school had started. It was fine until I hit 30 weeks. Then man was I miserable. Don't forget to sit, drink plenty of fluids and enjoy :)

9. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Jun 22, 2013

Thank you everyone!

I figure anything will be easier than my pregnancy with my daughter....I went through morning sickness/fatigue during the fall and winter and picked up every sickness imaginable; then worked up until 5 days before I was due. She was born on the last day of school so I didn't really even take any maternity leave! This time I'm actually looking forward to taking some time off during the year, going back to work for about 6 weeks, then getting the summer off as well!

10. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Jul 16, 2013

I just found out we're expecting yesterday. This is going to be an interesting school year!

11. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 16, 2013

Congrats!

12. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Jul 16, 2013

Congratulations! I am 35w1d pregnant and due August 19th, 1 week to the day before school starts :) I interned last fall and accepted a position at the school I interned with about 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant! So, I spent the entire time in my new position pregnant! It wasn't too bad but I had horrible, horrible morning sickness with this baby (this is my 3rd) until 24 weeks (which is totally crazy because that is, as you know, LATE 2nd trimester) and had to have nausea meds to control it while at school--or else I'd be throwing up all day. During the first 16 or so weeks, I wanted to crawl under my desk and go to sleep at random parts of the day too :(

I'm really hoping my baby goes overdue so I'll be able to be there the first day of school. Even if s/he goes early or on time, I am going to beg to come in anyways the first day. The only thing that will keep me away is them refusing me entry (which they could very well do with medical leave regulations) OR if I am actually giving birth the first day of school. We shall see... I don't have an inkling either way, my first child (a boy) was 8 days early, my second child (also a boy) was 8 days late--and by everyone's input it should've been the other way around!! Maybe this baby will come right on time then! :)

13. myloveasdeep

myloveasdeep Rookie

Jul 18, 2013

I'm due October 11! That means I get to be there for roughly a month of school, which I am grateful for, but it also means I will be VERY pregnant, at the hottest time of year, and the AC at school is spotty at best. Ick.

I am happy it worked out that most of my maternity leave will be over fall break, Thanksgiving break, and winter break, so I won't actually be missing that much instructional time.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 18, 2013

Congrats!

A friend of mine is pregnant for the 2nd time & will be due in March or April. Now, she's been working for the district for a while, but this yr will be a new school for her.

15. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 18, 2013

Congratulations! I am right at 9 weeks, due in late February, so we are pretty close together!

16. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 18, 2013

Congrats to all of you expecting. I went back last Sept. preg. I was due Oct 28 th and had my son oct 21. I was put on bed rest Sept 25 th. it was so nice because my legs were so swollen.

17. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Jul 18, 2013

Congrats to you as well! I was a little off in my dating, went to the doctor this week for my first ultrasound and I am 9 weeks exactly today, due February 20th :thumb:
    How are you feeling? Is this your first?

18. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 19, 2013

Wow! Exactly the same! Awesome! :)

This is #2 for us. We're very excited! I've been really sick this time. If I can get past the sickness, I'm feeling ok. I'm just hoping it'll lighten up some before going back to school in August.

19. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jul 24, 2013

I will be returning this fall 15 weeks pregnant, due Feb. 17th. I was due January 18th with my last one and had her early. I wasn't terribly uncomfortable, but I just changed my expectations and sat a lot. I am looking forward to this time because I won't be going back until fall :)

20. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2013

So, I haven't told anyone except my husband yet.............but I just got a positive pregnancy test this morning!!!!! We've been trying for a year and a half and this was the last month we were going to try before taking a break for a while. I can't believe it actually happened! I know it's too early to tell anyone else, but I wanted to share my news here!

21. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Aug 31, 2013

Wow congratulations!! So you would probably be due around May-ish?

I am 15 weeks and feeling good. No more morning sickness, and after the normal back to school fatigue the first few days last week, I actually have a good amount of energy. I also had a dr appt yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat :)

I think I spent a little too much time on my feet this week though, because I have been a little crampy the past couple of days. I'm definitely going to take it easy this weekend and drink tons of water!

How is everyone else feeling?

22. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Aug 31, 2013

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to check in! Congrats dizzykates and farfromhome! Jeky, I'm feeling pretty good! No more sickness here...thank goodness! We were at the dr this week for an unexpected visit and ended up having an ultrasound. We go back again in 2 weeks for our regular appointment. I'm starting to show already (a lot earlier than last time). My partner teacher has decided we're having a gender reveal party in October with our lunch bunch groups, so that's how they'll hear. We have PT conferences mid Sept, so I'm guessing parents who pay attention will figure it out. Haha

23. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Aug 31, 2013

I was surprised at how early I started showing too. With my daughter I didn't show at all until after 20 weeks. This time I popped ou around 12-13 weeks and right now I feel like I look 6 months pregnant! I'm hoping it starts to slow down so I don't end up huge!!

24. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 31, 2013

OH.MY.GOSH!! CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy for the two of you!!!

25. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2013

Thank you everyone! I'm definitely excited, but now just worried about those first few months until I can announce it to everyone. I called my mom on FaceTime today and told her. She screamed and started crying and then I started crying too! I'll go in for a blood test on Tuesday to confirm (of course it's a holiday weekend so I have to wait longer!), but I did 3 tests today and they were all positive.

26. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 31, 2013

Congrats FarFromHome!!!

27. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 31, 2013

Congrats Far! I'm very happy for you.

28. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Aug 31, 2013

I know, the first couple of months it is so hard to keep it a secret because you are so excited! Hopefully with the school year starting back up it will go by fast!

29. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2013

Congrats to you all!

30. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Sep 1, 2013

Thanks! I am feeling better than I did earlier this summer. Work has been interesting, but once we get past the crazy first few weeks I am sure it'll be fine. I am clearly pregnant at this point (16wks) so there is no big surprises to anyone seeing me.

31. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Oct 9, 2013

Just checking in; how is everyone doing?
    I am 21 weeks along and we found out tonight we are having another GIRL! We are so excited to wake our 3-year-old up in the morning and tell her the news!
    :)

32. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Oct 9, 2013

I still have a long ways to go-I'm 9.5 weeks. I've mostly been extremely tired. I've felt some nausea, but today has been the first time I've thrown up. I'm a little unhappy because my doctor made me do the glucose test extremely early (I'm guessing because I'm overweight). I was 4 points too high, so I have to do the 3 hour test tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I'm just ready for this first trimester to be over!

33. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Oct 10, 2013

Oh wow, Far! That does seem early! Hope you start feeling less nausea soon!

Jeky! We found out yesterday that we're having another baby girl, too! We are so excited! We went out and bought our new little bit a cute little outfit for a first gift and bought big sister a gift as well. Then when we got home, big sister had received a book in the mail...the title - Big Sister, Little Sister! Too funny!

Hope everyone is doing well!

34. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Oct 10, 2013

Wow Far that really stinks. The 3 hour test is bad enough, I can't imagine doing that in the 1st tri when you are already feeling so crappy! I had to take the 1 hour test at 10 weeks because I had GD with my first pregnancy. I almost threw up after drinking the nasty glucose but managed to hold it together. Luckily I passed, but I have to take it again at 24 weeks and there is a 50/50 chance I will get it again. Praying that you get good results!!

Mstnteacherlady, congrats on the girl! How old is your first one? We told our 3 year old this morning and she was SO excited. She kept saying "It's a girl? Not a boy?" over and over. So cute! I can't wait to buy some cute little outfits, but I have to restrain myself because we saved a TON of clothes from our first. I am so looking forward to having two little girls!!

35. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 10, 2013

Make sure you do the test first thing in am. The lab lady told me that!
    I hope they put the stuff in the fridge!!!

36. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Oct 10, 2013

I'm up here waiting and this is horrible! I didn't realize that it would take so long to get started. They took my blood first and I had to wait until they had the results before I could drink the glucose drink and start the 3 hours. I feel awful. Bad enough that they called the doctor and said I could stop the test. But I'm on Fall Break right now and this is the only time I'll have 3 hours to do it. So I'm going to try and suffer through it.

Oh, and the lady who did the second blood draw for today was awful! The needle really hurt (and needles don't bother me) and the gauze was soaked in blood after 20 seconds. I'm hoping I get one of the other workers for my next one.

37. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 10, 2013

Yuck! I'm ok with needles, but that's terrible!
    My lab lady was pg so she told me do it first thing in morning & don't eat peanut butter! She said all the ladies eat pb thinking it's good full of protein but has a lot of sugar!!!!

38. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 10, 2013

FFH~:hugs: that sounds awful!

39. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Oct 12, 2013

Our first is 2. She will turn 3 about 5 months after little sister is born. Needless to say, she doesn't fully understand what is going on at this point.

40. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Oct 13, 2013

Checking in for the first time! I'm 14 weeks pg today! Due 4/14/14! I can't wait to find out what we are having next month...another little boy or a girl :)

I was sooooooo sick the first tri. In and out of the hospital for nausea and vomiting. I was on a zofran pump for a month. But baby is doing great :) And ds is finally coming around to the idea of being a big brother...he will be 3 in 3 weeks.

Holy moly, Far, that does seem incredibly early. I hope the 3 hour test results are ok.

41. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Oct 28, 2013

Well today was the first day I really started "feeling it"....Starting to get tired more easily, it's hard to catch my breath sometimes, and I just feel huge and uncomfortable -- and I'm only 23 weeks! I can't imagine doing this for 3 1/2 more months! Luckily we have all the holiday breaks coming up....keeping my eye on the prize!
    How is everyone else feeling? FarFromHome did you get your test results back?