Calling all grandparents

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Bella2010, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Dec 13, 2013

My kiddo is three. Every year, including the Christmas he was incubating (lol), my parents have gotten pictures. Prints in nice frames, mugs, clocks, shirts, etc. I'd like to do something different this year.

Any grandparent favorite gifts y'all have gotten from your grandbaby(ies)?

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 13, 2013

Yes--a coffee mug with a photo of the child. Vista print is where I order mine. They also have mouse pads.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 14, 2013

I'm not a grandparent, but how about an appointment for an informal photo session-- so they can get a fabulous picture of them WITH their grandchild?

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 14, 2013

I'm not a gparent...but I've gotten gparents a frame that says something about grandkids or gparent. I took the pic to put in.

We also got ornaments to put lil ones pic in. Our even bought kits at like a hobby lobby to make our own ornaments!

We do a footprint/handprint craft like a reindeer... always a big hit.

6. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 15, 2013

I'm a new grandparent, and I love anything that comes from my granddaughter. Last year, my son and daughter in law gave us a picture of the three of them! I love it! I also like Alice's idea...how special it would be to have a photo session!
    How about a calendar with pictures of your child at different times of the year? Or something with with handprints?

7. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Dec 15, 2013

Not a grandparent, but every year we've had our son, who is 3, make something for grandparents. First two years it was handprint ornaments, last year was a coffee cup he decorated with sharpies and this year we made stepping stones with his handprint and name.