Calling all Christmas Cookie Recipes!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Ali, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 29, 2005

Caramel Cheesecake Bars

1-1/2 cups crushed NILLA Wafers (about 50 wafers)
    1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans, divided
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
    4 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
    3 Tbsp. flour
    1 Tbsp. vanilla
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup KRAFT Caramel Topping

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan to form handles . Mix wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup of the pecans and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until needed.
    BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream, flour and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
    BAKE 45 min. or until center is almost set. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift out of pan onto cutting board, using foil handles. Drizzle with topping and remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Cut into 32 bars. Store leftover bars in refrigerator.

2. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 29, 2005

Lemon Coconut Squares

1-1/3 cups finely crushed NILLA Wafers
    1 cup sugar, divided
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
    1 tsp. grated lemon peel
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    2 Tbsp. flour
    1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/3 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix wafer crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the butter and lemon peel until well blended. Press firmly into 8-inch square baking pan. Bake 8 minutes.
    BEAT eggs and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in small bowl with wire whisk until thickened and well blended. Add lemon juice, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
    BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Cut into 20 squares to serve. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Nov 29, 2005

Meaty Balls with Root Beer Barbecue Sauce

Root Beer Barbecue Sauce:
    2 cans root beer
    1 cup bottled chili sauce
    1 med. onion, finely chopped
    2 tbsp. garlic, minced
    Put all the ingredients in a pot and stir well. Turn your burner to medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Meat Balls:
    1 lb. ground beef
    1/2 lb. ground pork
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp. fennel seeds
    Mix all together and form into balls. Fry the balls in oil until browned. Take out of skillet with slotted spoon and put into pan of root beer barbecue sauce.

You can use one pound of deer meat in place of the ground beef.
    The sauce is great for any kind of meat.

4. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Dec 4, 2005

I sent out the cook book today if you would still like a copy pm me your email adress!
    If for some reason u got my email and not the attachment Pm or email me !

THANKS

deedee

5. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Dec 4, 2005

deedee - As I write this, I am printing out my cookbook.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS!! It really turned out nice, especially with the pictures that you added. Now I just need some time in the kitchen!

Thanks again! Glenda

6. bellablue1

bellablue1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2005

ham glaze

I am doing christmas dinner at my house this year. I want to make a glazed ham, the catch it can't have honey, any one out there have a great recipe for a gllaze they have tried before... It is my 1st year cooking a big dinner for my dad so it is important!!! Please help...

7. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Dec 4, 2005

Glazes for Baked Ham

Allow 1/3 to 1/2 lb. of ham per serving.

Directions
    To glaze baked ham, pour drippings from pan. If necessary, trim fat, leaving only a thin layer on ham. Score ham by cutting diamond shapes about 1/4" deep. If desired, insert a whole clove in each diamond. Spoon one of the suggested glazes over ham. Return to oven; bake an additional 15-20 min..

Serving Suggestions
    BROWN SUGAR GLAZE: Combine 1 c. brown sugar, 2 T. flour, 1/2 t. dry or prepared mustard, 1/8 t. cinnamon and 3 T. vinegar; mix well. Spread on ham.

JELLY GLAZE: Heat 1 c. currant or apple jelly until melted. Spread on ham.

ORANGE MARMALADE GLAZE: Use 1 c. orange marmalade to spread on ham.

PINEAPPLE GLAZE: Combine 1 c. brown sugar with 3/4 c. drained crushed pineapple. Spread on ham.

-----------------------------------------------------------

12-14 Lb. Cooked whole (bone-in) cured smoked ham

Make sure the skin is removed, with a layer of fat and a collar of skin around the shank bone.

Trim fat if necessary, and score it into diamonds. Stud center of each diamond with a clove and wrap ham in foil.

Bake ham at 325 degrees for one hour and 30 minutes.

Apricot-glazed ham with maple mustard sauce

1/3 cup apricot jam
    2 tbsp cider vinegar
    1 tbsp dijon-style mustard

In a bowl, stir together:
    1/3 cup apricot jam
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard

Take ham from oven. Remove foil and brush jam over the top and sides of ham.
    Increase heat to 350 degrees and bake ham for 20 to 30 minutes or until glaze is bubbly.

Maple mustard sauce:
    3/4 cup dijon-style mustard
    6 tbsp maple syrup

In bowl, whisk together mustard and maple syrup.
    This sauce can also be made ahead, kept covered and chilled, and brought to room temperature before serving.

Baked Country Ham

14 lb Uncooked smoked ham
    1 c Brown sugar
    1/2 c Dry sherry
    1/4 c Honey
    1/4 c Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put ham, fatty-side up, in a foil-lined metal
    baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours. Combine remaining
    ingredients. Remove ham from oven. Carefully trim away all but 1/8-inch of
    fat. Score with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern, making cuts 1/8-inch
    deep and one inch apart. Pour excess fat from pan. Line pan with new foil,
    and put ham in pan. Spoon glaze over ham and bake for 20 minutes. Raise
    oven temperature to 325 degrees, and glaze again. Bake an additional 20
    minutes. Glaze once more and bake 15 minutes. Cool before carving into thin
    slivers.

---------------------------------------------------------

Cranberry Glazed Ham
    Prep: 10 min, Cook: 4:00.

1 6 lb. fully cooked smoked butt or shank-half ham, skin trimmed
    1 lb. canned cranberry jelly
    1/4 tsp. ground cloves
    2 tsp. dry mustard
    2 Tbs. cider vinegar
    16 whole cloves, approximately
    1-1/4 lbs. unsweetened pineapple slices, drained
    toothpick

Preheat oven to 325°F. Using a sharp knife, score 1/4 inch deep cuts around outside of ham in a diamond pattern. Combine next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until jelly has melted. Spread 2/3 of mixture around outside of ham and stud with cloves. Attach pineapple rings to ham with toothpicks. Place ham on a lightly oiled roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan. Place in oven and bake about 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally with remaining cranberry mixture, until a meat thermometer registers 150°F. Remove ham from oven, and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
    This recipe serves 24 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 24.
    Per serving: calories 220, fat 6.3g, 26% calories from fat, cholesterol 62mg, protein 28.6g, carbohydrates 11.1g, fiber 0.6g, sodium 1510mg.

Glazed Roasted Ham

Prep: 10 min, Cook: 4:00.
    1 12 lb. uncooked butt-end ham, bone-in, fat trimmed
    2 cups apricot jelly or jam
    1/4 tsp. ground cloves
    2 tsp. dry mustard
    2 Tbs. cider vinegar
    16 whole cloves, approximately
    1-1/4 lbs. unsweetened pineapple slices, drained
    toothpicks

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and bake about 3 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 130°F. Using a sharp knife, score 1/4 inch deep cuts around outside of ham in a diamond pattern. Combine next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until jelly has melted. Spread mixture around outside of ham and stud with cloves. Attach pineapple rings to ham with toothpicks. Return to oven and bake about 1 hour longer, basting occasionally with remaining apricot mixture, until a meat thermometer registers 160°F. Remove ham from oven, and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Remove toothpicks before serving.
    This recipe serves 24 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 24.
    Per serving: calories 353, fat 9.4g, 24% calories from fat, cholesterol 93mg, protein 42.8g, carbohydrates 22.5g, fiber 0.5g, sodium 2256mg.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tangy Honey Ham

Prep: 10 min, Marinate: 24:00, Cook: 1:15.
    1 5 lb. fully cooked smoked butt or shank-half ham, skin trimmed
    kitchen string
    2 cups honey
    2 cups brown sugar
    1/3 cup cider vinegar
    2 tsp. nutmeg
    2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    2 tsp. cloves

Slice ham halfway through at 1/4 inch intervals, then tie with string. Place in roasting pan. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until warm. Pour sauce over ham. Marinate in refrigerator 24 hours. Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake 1-1/4 hours or until heated through.
    This recipe serves 16 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 16.
    Per serving: calories 457, fat 8.0g, 15% calories from fat, cholesterol 78mg, protein 35.7g, carbohydrates 62.1g, fiber 0.1g, sodium 1891mg.

HOPE THIS HELPS!-deedee

8. Janet Sue

Janet Sue Rookie

Dec 7, 2005

DeeDee,

I would like a copy of the A to Z Cookbook. I sent you a message with my e-mail address. I hope to hear from you!!

Thanks,
    Janet Sue