Calling all Christmas Cookie Recipes!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Ali, Nov 13, 2005.

1. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2005

Thanks Aball

2. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 16, 2005

Salmon Crostini

18 slices pumpernickel cocktalil bread
    1/3 C. onion and chive cream cheese spread from 8 oz. tub
    18 slices salmonlox (6 oz.)
    18 very thin strips red green bell pepper
    18 sprigs fresh dill weed

Heat oven to 400 On ungreased cookie sheet bake bread slices 4-5 minutes or until crsp.
    Spread bread slices with cream cheese spread. Top with lox, bell pepper and dill weed sprigs.

3. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 16, 2005

Vegetable-blue cheese Rounds

1 T. olive oil or vegetable oil
    1/3 C. chopped green onions (about 5)
    1/3 C. chopped red bell pepper
    1/2 C. crumbled blue cheese
    30 melba toast rounds
    In 10 inch skillet heat oil over medium heat Cook onions and bell pepper in oil 4-5 minutes stirring frequently until crisp tender Cool until lukewarm about 10 minutes Stir in cheese.
    Heat oven to 350. Spoon slightly lsess than 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture onto each melba toast. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 1-2 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 16, 2005

Apricot Baked Brie

1/2 C. apricot preserves
    1/4 C. copped pecans
    2 T. finely chopped red onion
    1 sheet puff pastry, (from 17.3 oz. pkg.) thawed
    1 round (8oz.) Brie Cheese, cut horizontally in half
    1 T. whipping (heavy) cram or half-and-half

Heat oven to 400. Line cookie sheeet with foil and spray with cooking spray.In small bowl, mix preserves pecans and onion set aside.
    On alightly floured surface roll pastry into 10X14 inch rectangle. using the round of cheese as a pattern, cut a pastry circle 3-4 inches larger than the cheese set aside excess pastry.
    Spread half of the preserves micture in center of pastry cirle, leaving 3 inch edge, Place 1 cheese round (in rind) on preserves. Spoon remaining preserves over cheese, Top with remaining cheese round.
    Gently fold edges of pastry op and over theese to cover, folding and pinching edges to seal, place seam side down on a cookie sheet, Cut out decorative pieces from excess pastry, brush pastry with whipping cream place pastry coutouts on top. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm 12 servings.

5. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2005

Ok so far in the book i have 4 sections
    1. appetizers
    2. Holiday Meals
    3. Cookies
    4. Home Made Gifts

If you have any more recipes in any of these categories that you would like in the cook book please post them!

~deedee

6. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2005

ABall, are you the next Rachel Ray or what!?!? Goodness girl, I wish I baked that much...I tend to burn everything:eek: .

7. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 16, 2005

I wish i was as cute and bubbly as racheal Ray!

8. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Nov 16, 2005

I wish that I had $40 a day to go around the country and eat at restaurants!

9. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 16, 2005

On the Christmas cookie note, I was at Target today and they had little cookbooks for a dollar. I got a Christmas Cookie one and a Kid's Favorite Cookies one. They look pretty good. They also had and Entertaining one.

10. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 16, 2005

Easy Pepperoni Rolls:

Ingredients:

one tube Pillsbury cresent rolls (or store brand)
    one pkg. pepperoni
    about 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Roll out cresent rolls into a large rectangle and pinch all seams. Roll with rolling pin to thin and flatten dough. Cover with shredded mozzarella and press into dough. Cover with pepperoni slices. Roll dough from long side to long side. Cut roll into approx. 1 inch pieces. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

11. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 17, 2005

Here's some of my recipes that will be in it :

Mini Florentine Cups
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    Mini Cheese Balls
    Zesty Herbed Carrots
    Cheesey Cauliflower Au Gratin
    Browine Bottom Cheesecake
    Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
    THe Best Pecan Pie Ever
    One-Bite Pecan Pies
    Honey Hazelnut Triangles

12. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 17, 2005

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Ribbon Dessert

Makes: 12 servings

12 NUTTER BUTTER Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, divided
    2 Tbsp. butter, melted
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

CRUSH 8 of the cookies in resealable plastic bag with rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of foil-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan.
    MIX cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until well blended; set aside. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top evenly with chocolate mixture; cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.
    FREEZE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Invert onto plate. Remove foil, then re-invert onto serving platter so that crumb layer is on bottom. Coarsely break the remaining 4 cookies. Top dessert with remaining whipping topping and cookies.

13. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 19, 2005

Oh, have you ever seen a Nutterbutter cookie made into a santa? you put red frosting on top for the hat, and make a face with icing gells, and white frosting for the beard. ITs really cute

14. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Nov 19, 2005

Ok I finally got the 4 ingredient cookie recipe. ( I thought it had 3 ingredients but it has 4.)
    1 box of yellow cake mix
    2 eggs
    1 stick of butter
    1 bag of toffee chips
    They are so good!!

15. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 20, 2005

You gotta love 4 ingredient recipes! Thanks!

16. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 20, 2005

2 more ideas

Both of these are for chocolate!

*Peanutbutter cookies with chocolate: when making your favorite peanutbutter recipe, roll into balls place on your cookie sheet and use the tines of your fork to make indentations on the edge of the cookies, when they are cooled use melted chocolate on the tines of your fork to go back in the indentations of the cookie.

* Peanutbutter Snowflakes: Around the holidays look for snowflake shaped Ritz crackers, you will need 2 sleeves of them, and some peanutbutter, and 1-2 bags white chocolate and 1-2 T. crisco
    Make peanutbutter sandwiches with the crackers and peanutbutter, in a microwave bowl melt chocolate (start with one bag chocolate to one T. crisco) melt and stir in 30 second intervals. Dip your snowflakes into the melted white chocolate and set on wax paper to set. This also works with regular shaped Ritz.

17. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 20, 2005

That sounds yummy with the Ritz. Last year I coated the mini Ritz peanut butter sandwiches in chocolate. They were delicious!

18. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 20, 2005

I have made this pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving for the past couple of years-it is so yummy and easy!:love:

Libby's Pumpkin Roll

Ingredients :

¼ cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
    ¾ cup all-purpose flour
    ½ tspn baking powder
    ½ tspn baking soda
    ½ tspn ground cinnamon
    ½ tspn ground cloves
    ¼ tspn salt
    3 large eggs
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2/3 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
    1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
    For filling :
    1 x 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
    6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
    1 tspn vanilla extract
    ¼ cup powdered sugar (optional)
    Preparation & Cooking Instructions :

For cake : preheat oven to 375°F.
    Grease 15" x 10" jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper.
    Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
    Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl.

Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel.

Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

For filling : Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.

Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Re-roll cake.

Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

Cooks note : Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.

19. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 20, 2005

I've had this, but I"m to chicken to try it ---yet. This sounds like a good recipe.

20. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 20, 2005

I'm tellin' ya it's cinchy. ABall, you're a chef! You can do it!

21. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 21, 2005

Thanks for the confidence, its like making maragne, I'm too scared to do that too, I did make it once, but I havn't made the maringue cookies.

22. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Nov 21, 2005

Try the "Nighty Night" cookies that I gave the recipe for. They are a meringue-type of cookie - and very easy.

23. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 21, 2005

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Very simple.............
    2 cups peanut butter, cheaper the brand the better
    1 egg
    1/2 cup sugar

Scoop a tbls.of dough into your hand, roll into a ball, place on cookie sheet. Cook 400 degrees about 8 minutes. (cookies will have that cracked appearance) While hot place a kiss in the center.

I have seen other variations on this recipe, but I have used this one for years. Made some while dinner was cooking tonight.

24. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 21, 2005

The cookies made from cake mix are good too.

25. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2005

Oh I have been looking for a good pumpkin roll recipes !

26. kermy

kermy Companion

Nov 22, 2005

does any one know how to make butter cookies? my mom says to loves them but i don't really know what they are and she was trying to show me but we can't find any. If I can get a recipe then I'll make her some and she'll love that!Thanks.

27. Chrissy61

Chrissy61 Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

Would love a copy of the recipe book when it's finished, please. :)
    I will go through my fav's and post them here soon. I do wonder whether we will be able to get all of the ingredients needed if we are in different countries.

Sponge
    4 eggs
    3/4 cup castor sugar
    1/2 cup cornflour
    1/2 cup custard powder
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    few drops vanilla essence

Beat the egg whites till stiff, add pinch salt, gradually add castor sugar then beaten egg yolk . Sift dry ingredients 3 times and add gradually

moderate Oven 20 - 30 min. When cooked sponge will spring back in centre when cooked.( you know the drill)

Very light, yellow coloured, delicious sponge!!

28. Chrissy61

Chrissy61 Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

What are peanut butter chips and toffee chips?

29. Chrissy61

Chrissy61 Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

Chocolate honey bubbles

50 g butter
    50 g honey
    40 g sugar
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    50 g ricebubbles
    chocolate

Blend the butter , honey sugar, and peanut butter together. Disolve over low heat, then gently simmer for 4 minutes. Add the rice bubbles and mix thoroughly together. Press into a well greased loaf tin and place in fridge until set. Remove from the tin with a very sharp knife, cut into small cubes and dip the cubes in melted chocolate and place on foiled tray to set.

Melting the chocolate.

Place chocolate in glass bowl and put in microwave for 2 min on med.. Do not over melt it or it will burn.

Alternatively place in double saucepan with water under.. stir till the chocolate melts. . do not let water touch chocolate or it will be ruined.

30. Chrissy61

Chrissy61 Rookie

Nov 22, 2005

Truffles

1 can condensed milk
    1 packet of plain biscuits or 200 gms ( crushed)
    1 cup coconut
    extra coconut for rolling balls in
    1 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. Roll in extra coconut.
    The balls are easier to make if the mixture is left in fridge for 15 minutes and then rolled.
    At Christmas time I roll balls in hundred's and thoudand's for a festive touch.

31. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 22, 2005

deedee the pumpkin roll recipe i posted is soooo good. it's the first i ever tried and we all love it! let me know how your's turns out! p.s. i've never tried it with the walnuts so i can't vouch for that variation!

32. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 22, 2005

chrissy- most of the recipes have pretty basic ingrigents ! Hopefully you'll have all of them!

Ali- Ill let you know how it turns out today

33. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 22, 2005

Peanutbutter chips are like chocolate chips and are sold near them in the store, also in the baking isle, are the toffee chips, they are hard bits, they are like the inside of SKOR bar. There are also cinnamon chips, they are like chocolate chips but cinnamon.

The other day I saw hershey kisses with a coating on them like M&M's, I didn't get them but wouldn't they be fun to use in the "peanutbutter blossom" cookies?

I just got done doing a double batch of cranberry bread! Its the recipe on the Ocean Spray fresh cranberries bag, I chopped up the big ones and added more walnuts.

34. kermy

kermy Companion

Nov 23, 2005

BUTTER COOKIES =)

1 cup Butter, softened
    1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 cups all-purpose flour

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients except flour in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed.

Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic food wrap; flatten slightly. Refrigerate until firm (30 minutes or overnight).

Heat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

35. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Nov 27, 2005

We always make "homemade" donuts (my niece and I) for Christmas morning. We simply fry canned biscuts and dust some with powdered sugar and others with cinnamon sugar (which she eats with honey). I just came across a recipe to make glazed donuts at home and they are YUMMY. I still use the canned biscuts (I roll them out on a floured surface and use a water bottle cap to cut out the hole (we fry those, too). Fry them up in a pan of hot oil. As soon as they come out you dredge them in the glaze mix:
    Glaze -
    Melt 1/3 cup butter and add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 1/2 t vanilla mix until smooth (I used a whisk). Then remove from heat and add hot water by T as needed. You want it thin but not watery. After you dredge the donuts (and holes) place them on a wire rack to let the extra drip off. It is beyond good!

36. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 27, 2005

I'm drooling here !!

37. kermy

kermy Companion

Nov 28, 2005

that's awsome! i never knew i could make them at home. I know what i'm having for breakfast now!

38. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Nov 29, 2005

Hi all!

I have finished the book ...some of you still need to send me your email adresses(if you just sent me a note) ! They should be out by the end of this week!!

Thanks ...any new recipes need to be submitted by FRIDAY if you want them in the book!!!!!!

39. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 29, 2005

This sounds funny but it's good!

Goldfish Chicken

1c. goldfish crackers,crushed
    2 eggs
    6 chicken breasts
    2 tbsp. butter
    1/2 c. shredded cheddar

Clean chicken breasts and dip in egg. Dip in crushed goldfish to coat. Place in a greased 13 x 9 cake pan. Cut butter into cubes and place randomly on and around chicken. Bake, covered with foil with slits for ventilation, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and top with shredded cheddar. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.

40. Ali

Ali Companion

Nov 29, 2005

Orange Grove Mini Cheesecakes

Makes: 12 servings, 1 mini cheesecake each

24 NILLA Wafers, divided
    2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
    Grated peel from 1 large orange (about 1 Tbsp.)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 eggs
    2 squares BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate, melted
    1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves, heated

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Place 1 wafer in each of 12 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream, orange peel and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
    BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, drizzle chocolate evenly over remaining 12 wafers. Let stand at room temperature until chocolate is firm.
    TOP each cheesecake with 1 tsp. preserves and 1 decorated wafer just before serving. Store leftover cheesecakes in refrigerator.