called off from subbing today

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by jspader02, May 22, 2009.

1. jspader02

jspader02 Rookie

May 22, 2009

I felt terrible for calling off. it makes me feel even worse since i'm supposed to be filling in for a teacher who called off herself! i'm not one of those people that calls off work...it just doesn't happen! i tripped yesterday leaving school and somehow twisted my right ankle, scraped both knees (ripped a small hole in the one knee of my dress pants - and did i mention i somehow ripped a huge hole in the front crotch area sometime between getting dressed and 4th period - when i noticed it...THANK GOD I HAD A LONG FLOWING SHIRT ON) and then my left foot hurts too. i limped to my car. when i got home i moped around - iced my injuries - then took a hot bath before i went to bed. when i woke up this morning i could barely walk still! there is no way i was going to be on my feet all day while subbing (i was supposed to be in for elementary...maybe for HS or MS i could have managed, but those little buggers keep you on your toes). i called them up with my sad voice telling them my dilemma...

it turned out that they were talking about me just before i called - the 4th grade has a picnic today and they weren't really going to need me anyways! funny how things work out!

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 22, 2009

I'm glad that it all worked out for you! Rest today and I hope you feel better soon!

4. tsol

tsol Rookie

May 24, 2009

You have to rest and get better. They will mange one extra day without you. It is better to miss one day and get better than rush back and end up missing more.
    Take care.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 24, 2009

Oh no, sorry about you twisting your ankle, hope it gets better fast!