Call us if you get an offer....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by srascarecrow, May 21, 2015.

1. srascarecrow

srascarecrow New Member

May 21, 2015

So I had an AWESOME interview at school XYZ on Tuesday. The principal told me that they would be making a definite decision by Friday (tomorrow). He also said that if I got an offer and I wanted to take it, to take it. But, if I got an offer and I wanted to be at school XYZ more, I should definitely give him a call. Well, on Wednesday, I did get an offer, but I definitely want to be at school XYZ. So I called him Wednesday afternoon and told him about the offer. He asked when I needed to give my decision. I told him by Thursday (today). He said "Well, that's good to know. I have an interview tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon and I'll give you a call after that." I thanked him and eagerly waited for a phone call yesterday. I really need to give my answer to the other offer. Do you think it would be too pushy to send an email this morning telling him I'm still very interested and I feel I would be a great fit for the department and the school?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 21, 2015

It would not be terrible to remind him that you're under a deadline to accept an offer.

4. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

May 21, 2015

No it would not be pushy. Call.

BTW: Kinda of a nice situation to be in.