Call for interview tomorrow?!! :S

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TxMaThTeAcHeR, Jul 6, 2010.

1. TxMaThTeAcHeR

TxMaThTeAcHeR Rookie

Jul 6, 2010

So quick question... I just got a call from a principal (it's 8:30 pm :) ) wanting to do an interview tomorrow morning at 10:30. Was totally not expecting this, but what do I need to bring with me?! And what do I need to do to prepare? I totally did not have to interview at the job I last had, so I've never done this before... could anyone please give me some helpful hints/guidance? I REALLY appreciate it!!!!

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 6, 2010

Hi TxMaTh! First congratulations! Next, go to the posting entitled. "I'm in shock..." in Job Seekers. I just posted what to do before your interview at the high school level. Take several copies of your resume as there may be more than one interviewer. If you have a portfolio or brochure that highlights your teaching, I would bring that as well. I would dress professionally and I would go over the interview thread like crazy tonight so that you are prepared for any questions they might throw out at you. I would also (as I said) look for the other suggestions I made on the post I mentioned above. Above all, smile and show that you are personable and have a sense of humor. If you show that you are full of life and energy, you will stand out above the rest. All the best! :)

4. ms.

ms. Comrade

Jul 6, 2010

Do you have a favorite lesson plan? You could print off at least 6 copies to hand-out to the interview team. If you have a portfolio make sure to at least bring it. I usually bring resumes, letters of rec, transcripts and a few student work samples. However those aren't necessary.