Call back from interviewer after interview and reference checks

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by alwayslearning7, Aug 1, 2013.

1. alwayslearning7

alwayslearning7 Rookie

Aug 1, 2013

Hi,

I had an interview two days ago. I'm not sure how well it went. But yesterday, they were calling my references. I know because one of my references called me.

Tonight, the main interviewer called me and left a message, and asked me to call back. I have, of course.

So, I am still waiting for him to call back.

Is it a good sign that I am getting personally called? Some have said that a District will email a rejection, but call with an offer. Or maybe this administrator has a lot of class, and is calling all the interviewees...

Any thoughts, as I wait on pins and needles?

3. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 1, 2013

It could be you're a finalist too.

I have been called with rejections before. I've also received emails and letters in the mail.

4. alwayslearning7

alwayslearning7 Rookie

Aug 1, 2013

Yeah, I have a friend who just told me that she got called with rejections (high school). So, who knows.....

I guess I'll just have to wait to see. Thanks for your thoughts, bopper and dgpiaffeteach.

5. live

live Companion

Aug 1, 2013

I've gotten rejections all types of ways: phone calls, e-mails, even informal "you weren't on the interview list" text messages. I recently received an e-mail rejection that said something along the lines of, "Like we discussed on the phone, we selected another candidate for the position..." There never was never any discussion on the phone. It's so hard to predict how different schools will handle these things.

I'm hoping you get some good news soon! It certainly sounds promising that they are contacting references.

6. breezymarie07

breezymarie07 Companion

Aug 2, 2013

I've gotten a rejection phone call once, everything else has been emails. However, I do not believe they called my references before they rejected me, so I think that is a promising sign!

Good luck!!:)

7. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 2, 2013

Out of the handful of interviews (7) I have actually had, I have had maybe 2 rejection calls. I had one P call and she sounded so upbeat on the phone when I answered and then she told me I didn't get it and I was so bummed lol. I put on a brave voice though and thanked her for her time and hope to be considered for future positions.

If they left a message with you though to call them back, I would say that is a good sign. One of the calls I received left me message and they had no problem telling me I didn't get the job on voicemail..Great sign too that they are calling your references!

8. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Aug 2, 2013

If they were calling to reject you, they would have been relieved to get your voicemail and would have left a message. If they want you to call back, surely they have good news.

What sort of sadist would make you call back only to reject you?

9. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2013

It sounds good! Fingers and toes crossed!

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 2, 2013

I had to call back to get rejected for one job.

11. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 2, 2013

I have been called for rejections and I also had to call back for one, once. But this could very well be an offer!!! Hope he calls back soon!

12. alwayslearning7

alwayslearning7 Rookie

Aug 2, 2013

Still waiting to hear back.....

Wow, it sounds like people have had many different kinds of experiences.....So, I still don't know what to think.....

But thanks for all of the comments.....

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2013

I hope you hear good news soon!!!

14. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Aug 2, 2013

It sounds to me like a good sign, but like other have said, you occasionally will get a phone call with a rejection. Out of all the interviews I've been on, I think I had 1 via phone. I also had my references checked after an interview and then asked to come in for a second round of interviews. Keep us posted!

15. Rbart

Rbart Companion

Aug 2, 2013

I think reference checks are a good sign. My rejections have come in the form of emails and letters. I had one awkward phone call. Mostly I never hear anything.