California Teachers!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Jul 23, 2012.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 23, 2012

Anyone else anxious to get their CST results? :unsure:

Our should be in the school database within the next few weeks.

3. Avalon

Avalon Rookie

Jul 23, 2012

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing the results! I tried some innovations in my instruction last year, and will be informed by the results.

I watched the State Board of Ed meeting last week, the results will be delayed until the end of August this year. Evidently they are looking into possible security breaches, as a number of students posted photos of the test in online social media fora.

Luckily not at my school. We are required to make sure they do not have cell phones (or any other electronics) during the test. I thought all teachers monitored for compliance on this.

4. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 23, 2012

Thank you so much for the heads up, Avalon! I'll be biting my nails in anticipation until the end of August!

5. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 23, 2012

I heard some teachers were involved in posting as well. Did anyone else hear that?

6. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2012

Can't wait to see my class. It was very low and I am expecting to see a big improvement this year. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you all with your results.

7. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jul 25, 2012

Do you know how I might check the CST scores if I don't work at the school anymore?

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 25, 2012

Do you work in the same district that you did last year? If so, you'll be able to check your students' CST scores via whatever database your district uses to input the scores (for example, we use Data Director). Using Data Director, I can even check to see how my former students from years ago performed on the current year's CST--even though they're no longer in my class.

If you're not with the same district, you'd have to email your administrator to have him/her look up your scores (it isn't difficult for an administrator to quickly pull up a spreadsheet that lists your former students' scores).

9. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jul 25, 2012

Thanks! Would be kind of nervous to ask my administrator about them though. =__=;

Actually, my old admin retired, so I guess it would be someone new anyway.

10. ddb23

ddb23 Companion

Jul 26, 2012

Detailed CST scores by school and grade level are usually released to the public about a week after the schools receive their data disk. You won't be able to look by teacher, but if you're the only one on a grade level, it's clear.

The CDE also sends each teacher a classroom report that compares your students to others in the state, but does not break down by individual student. The only way to see individual students would be through your school's data warehouse (such as data director).

School level data is on the CDE website, under the testing and accountability tab

11. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Aug 9, 2012

So I am hearing about a delay in the results? What's the story?

12. teacherwithlove

teacherwithlove Comrade

Aug 9, 2012

Being that this year was my first year administering the CST to my OWN class- I am ECSTATIC!

...and nervous!

13. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Aug 10, 2012

Yes, students took pics of test items with their cell phones and posted them on social-networking sites. 12 schools were identified as having students who posted pics. I think there is a 2-week delay.

14. heavens54

heavens54 Connoisseur

Aug 10, 2012

Do you know what district this happened in? How are kids allowed to have cell phones during testing? Guess we'll have some new security procedures next year.