California Teachers Might Get a 10% PAY CUT!!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by futuremathsprof, May 15, 2020.

1. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

May 19, 2020

Worry about the future?...No
    Plan for the future?...very smart

We know much about this disease. We know it spreads from person to person. We know using masks, keeping people 6 feet apart or more, and washing hands can help a lot. Where lots of people have gotten COVID-19 are crowded nursing homes, crowded prisons, crowded meat plants, crowded planes, crowded airports, and wow...the word crowded comes up a lot. We must find a way to be prepared to protect the lives and health of staff, students, parents, and those who will come in contact with them. "Most people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan”-John L. Beckley

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    stargirl likes this.
  2. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 21, 2020

I agree about the crowded places but some of the people getting sick are the ones who say they are staying home and not leaving the house. What's going on there? Are they not careful about who they let into the house? If they are staying home but letting 9 people into their houses who each have been in contact with 50 people a day then it's not really doing any good.

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

May 21, 2020

You ask good questions. I am guessing you are referring from the study they had about New York City. That is the one where I heard that people are getting the virus without leaving their house much. New York City is unique and a huge challenge. I know a lot of people in NYC live in places where they have to take the stairs or elevators. These can be quite crowded. Could these be possible places they got it? I don't know. I loved New York City when I visited there. I couldn't imagine trying to social distance at a place where it is so crowded.

a2z likes this.
  4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

May 22, 2020

I watched an episode of "Explained" on Netflix that was all about viruses. It was talking about how one of the past viruses spread through an apartment building because of shared air ducts and ventilation systems. Maybe the current virus is spreading this way in some places?

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 26, 2020

Yes, I imagine even going to your mailbox is risky if you don't protect yourself. There are also communal laundry rooms, garbage areas, etc. Just because they didn't go to the grocery store doesn't mean they didn't have "contact" with others.