California ELD Question

Discussion in 'ESL/ELL' started by Layconic, Aug 8, 2019.

  1. Layconic

    Layconic New Member

    Aug 8, 2019
    Likes Received:

    Aug 8, 2019

    Can someone please cite the California Ed Code where ELD students are required to enroll into two English classes a year? My district seems to think this is law.
  3. TeacherGroupie

    TeacherGroupie Moderator

    May 13, 2005
    Likes Received:

    Aug 8, 2019

    The source you want may be not the Education Code but the California Code of Regulations (CCR). The page "California Education for a Global Economy",, under points (l) and (m) in the column that covers CCR, lists several sections that may be relevant: point (l) lists regulatory sections having to do with state content standards. You might also try contacting the page author: there's an email address and phone number at the bottom of the page.

    You might also check in with some of the county offices of education that have been particularly concerned with bilingual education. Any COE whose county has a large agricultural basis would be fair game (of course, that's most of them).

    CSU schools of education may well have research projects in bilingualism and English language development as well, and someone there may be able to give you guidance. Contact the Dean's office.

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. Hannahmorris
Total: 182 (members: 2, guests: 155, robots: 25)