Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Feb 10, 2010.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2010

I am ready to get out of the house!!!! There is snow everywhere! I am so annoyed right now too that my BF and roomie walked down to the local coffee shop and got coffee without asking me even though I specifically was the one who said, hey they are open today, we should go later. I am trying hard not to pick a fight because I know we are going to be stuck here all day today and tomorrow, but I was kind of hurt!
    Trying to find some things to occupy myself now! HAve a cross stitch and some school work to do. Anyone else going stir crazy?

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 10, 2010

Is your roommate a guy or gal? Either way, I'd be upset if they went on w/o you, but I'd really be mad if your roomie was a girl & they just went off w/o you! :mad:

Sorry you're feeling sitr crazy. I couldn't stay at home all day for more than 2 or 3 days w/o getting bored.

4. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Feb 10, 2010

I'm not really stir crazy yet - actually enjoying time to catch up on grading, ironing, cooking, etc - but if I have to shovel one more shovelful of snow and fling it onto a pile of snow that's now over my short little head I think I'll just scream.
    I do recommend soaking in a hot tub. It's good for a bad attitude and for those tired muscles.:whistle:

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 10, 2010

This is our first snow day... not a trace of cabin fever yet. We're all anxiously awaiting the postings for tomorrow.

The blizzard warning is posted till 6 am, so we have a chance!

6. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Feb 10, 2010

I'm enjoying my day of being snowed in. I did go out for a walk to get dd from a neighbor about 1/4 mile away. Man, that snow was just blowing like crazy. Not pleasant! The walk home was better since I at least had some company for that part.

Kids and I have played some games, I made a nice lunch, created a review game for my current unit, did some reading for the current book my book club is reading, and watched some tv with dh.

Now, come this time tomorrow, I might be singing a different tune!

And that's rather annoying and just plan odd that they didn't ask you to join them at the coffee shop.

7. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Feb 10, 2010

I totally have cabin fever too... I haven't been in school since last Thursday. It was just announced that we are off tomorrow and Friday. I am SO ready for spring!

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2010

Well they were over at the car shop which is right round the corner, working on their cars when they decided to go so they didn't come back and get me, but they easily could have called or texted me. It just made me mad though. Roomie is a guy, btw, and I can't wait to get out of here. That's the other frustrating thing... we were going to move into our house this weekend and I really don't know if that will happen now, and there is a ton of work to do over there, but I am stuck here. Going to try to venture over there tomorrow.

We had work Monday and Tuesday, but I was snowed in all weekend with these guys too.