Buyer Beware- vista print

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by mommaruthie, Jul 7, 2006.

1. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 7, 2006

Okay, BE AWARE!!! there are privacy matters and _ rewards memberships that will be 'billed'????

You must cancel with each individually or you will be billed.

I totally did NOT, perhaps unintentionally, sign up for any memberships and its all related to VISTA PRINT!

I never did complete or receive the 10$ reward after ordering because i didnt want to join any additional services.

If anyone needs the 800 # to check if they are 'signed up' I will post it later... You give them your PHONE NUMBER or the email account membership number in the subject, and they will check for you.
    ARGGGHHH!

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 7, 2006

DOLLAR DAYS

Premium Business Cards
    250 Reg. $19.99
    1 DOLLAR
    Order Now!
    http://e.vistaprint.com/a/tBErmCwAZ...3?Shopper_id=25QTMQULHK7N06FK47OZJKQV1N5Z1VJP

Small Stamp
    1 reg. $12.99
    1 DOLLAR
    Order Now!
    http://e.vistaprint.com/a/tBErmCwAZdBOAAj0XxUAild-4b-/vph4

Note Pad
    1 Reg. $7.99
    1 DOLLAR
    Order Now!
    http://e.vistaprint.com/a/tBErmCwAZdBOAAj0XxUAild-4b-/vph5

Postcards
    100 reg. start at $24.99
    1 DOLLAR
    Order Now!
    http://e.vistaprint.com/a/tBErmCwAZdBOAAj0XxUAild-4b-/vph7

Return Address Labels
    140 reg. $7.99
    1 DOLLAR
    Order Now!
    http://e.vistaprint.com/a/tBErmCwAZdBOAAj0XxUAild-4b-/vph8

Brochures
    25 reg. $39.99
    1 DOLLAR
    Order Now!
    http://e.vistaprint.com/a/tBErmCwAZdBOAAj0XxUAild-4b-/vph6

4. Texas Gal

Texas Gal Companion

Jul 7, 2006

So - I'm confused. This place is corrupt and doing things underhandedly or no? I see your 1st post, then your second showing their specials. Are you just showing us the great deals but warning us to be careful as we order in case they try to sign us up for something? Just trying to clarify... Thanks!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 7, 2006

Somehow I got enrolled in the VistaPrint Rewards thing. They emailed me to let me know that the free period was about to end. There was a link to unsubscribe from it and I did. They sent me a confirmation of my 'cancellation'.

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 7, 2006

Texas Gal, Its really bizarre, I know, I am so hooked with Vista Print, LOVE the stuff, but now am leary as I keep receiving these 'sale emails'. I am sooooooooo not allowed to order anything (spent 50$ in about 3 weeks) and didnt wait to receive the items!

I got the rewards email and cancelled it AND then two days later got the privacy one. I just want everyone to check to make sure that they did not get 'inadvertently' signed up for something that they DID NOT WANT. If you dont respond to that email, you will be charged for 14$!

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 7, 2006

What privacy one?

8. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 7, 2006

privacy matters
    passport to fun

9. cmorris

cmorris Comrade

Jul 7, 2006

Privacy matters is a good company if you want to watch your credit reports. I have it. During the trial period, you can call to cancel. I was offered the service for an entire year at only $15. Not per month--for the whole year! That let's me monitor my credit reports every day if I want to. And since I am pulling the reports, it does not show up to creditors (you are allowed to pull your own reports as much as you want).

It all just depends on if you want it or not.

10. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 7, 2006

Ruth did you get those after starting the $10 reward? I've ordered a couple of times (ok, so 3) but have only gotten sales emails.

11. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 8, 2006

the reason we receive the membership emails is because the trial period is ending and its their way of telling you that you will be charged if you dont cancel. we got it different times from each other is dependent on when you 'signed up'.

i never got 10$ credit or rewards (lots of offers for it)but i must have filled in or clickd on something that signed me up.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2006

I've shopped at Vistaprint for about a year and a half.

I never ordered any of those add ons at the end; they're never free so I never order them.

I've never had any sort of a problem like the ones being adressed here. The only problem I ever had with an order was when I didn't pay attention and ended up being charged for something that wasn't free; I hadn't followed the right link.

I do receive the e-mails about the specials.

I'm so sorry you're having such a problem with it. I'm the one who originally posted about the freebies; I hate to think that it's giving you grief. I would never knowingly pass on any sort of a scam.

13. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 8, 2006

Thank you for the freebies-
    i LOVE the site, its just habit forming.
    Also, I am concerned that its too good to be true, as I await my 50$ of ONLY FREE offers. I have gotten bits and peices of my orders. Love what I have so far. I will continue to use them as I find the need to design something, or need refills....

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2006

I think that part of that is also that it's summer. We teachers tend to be in "hunker down" mode--trying to get as much a jump on the new school year as possible.

Once school starts, I personally tend to focus more on the here and now, and won't have as much time or energy to devote to cutesy stuff; it will be more of an emphasis on schoolwork, my kids' schoolwork, and the laundry and shopping and.....

15. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 8, 2006

Ruth, can you post the 800 number? Thanks!

16. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 8, 2006

PRIVACYMATTERS 800-436-0817
    PASSPORTTOFUN 888-801-2604

17. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 8, 2006

Thanks, Ruth!! I'm hoping I'm safe. I've also decided I'm not doing any more orders until I get everything, there's still a lot that hasn't come in.

18. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 10, 2006

I just made another order yesterday -- just 2 freebies and I pressed something and my order ended up being just over $30. Of course I phoned the 1-800 number and it being Sunday -- it was closed. I e-mailed customer service and received an e-mail back that they are not accepting e-mails at this time. I phoned back this afternoon and they were were nice. They fixed my order and sent me a e-mail to confirm my new order. :) They will be refunding me the $20 odd dollars.

19. Starivy

Starivy Companion

Jul 14, 2006

I found that PASSPORTTOFUN has been charging my account 14.95 every month!! I had no idea what it was until I searched online and it's through Vistaprint. Apparently at the end of your order you fill out a survey which I don't remember. Well in the fine print, they sign you up for this trail membership and if you don't cancel they bill you! Outrageous!! I called the number and canceled. Please everyone beware and check your accounts.

20. luvmykids

luvmykids Companion

Aug 10, 2006

I also was charged by passporttofun and also don't remember agreeing to this. I know for a fact I did not give my checking account information to that company. They get it through Vistaprint.

21. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Aug 10, 2006

I am thinking if it is that easy to be charged...then vistaprint is a scam and they are probably selling your email as well..thus you will be getting spam soon. I am very leary of so-called 'free' stuff. They have to be making money somehow...and that somehow is pretty underhanded if it is that easy to get charged. Be careful giving out your credit/checking info online.

22. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 10, 2006

I think part of the reason that they give the stuff for "free" is the steps you have to go through to place the order. (Page after page of "offers". It's very easy to click the wrong thing and have charges on the order. I've been lucky and have had no problems (other than some stuff taking a while to ship).

23. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2006

After you complete an order, there's always a "Thank you for Ordering" type of thing where you can enter your info and you get entered into that membership...VistaPrint itself is not a scam...I order things all the time and have never had a problem. You just really have to watch the end thing because of the money charges and such. Sorry you guys are having a problem! I just always close that window and don't even bother to look at it after I'm done my order.

24. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2006

Same here.

I think that "Buyer Beware" is good advice in general!!

25. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2006

Everyone gets dozens of junk email messages a day anyhow. It's worth a few more to get such great deals and products!!!

By the way, I just ordered my second batch of address labels (to be used in the classroom for something else) and I chose the 21 day shipping as always. They were here in less than a week!

Yipee! :)

26. Mrs. Schulte

Mrs. Schulte Rookie

Aug 10, 2006

For how long?

How many months before you noticed?