Buy the book?

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by emmyblemmy, Apr 26, 2008.

1. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

Apr 26, 2008

I took my PLT today and did not finish two of the constructed response questions. I feel like an idiot.

I also wrote one of my constructed response questions on the wrong page!! :eek: Then I had to erase it and re-write it on the next page.

I hate how this test has my current job hanging in the balance. I am so frustrated and now scared to death to take the Content. I took the PPST in college and wasn't nervous- passed with flying colors. Now, I am doubting myself.

Does studying those expensive guides really help you on these tests?

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 29, 2008

If you're where you can get to a bookstore that carries the prep guides, check them out before buying any. Each guide takes a somewhat different approach, and each has those for whom it works and those for whom it doesn't.

If this is a standard Praxis K-6 content knowledge exam, you may find upper-grade children's reference books helpful.

4. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

May 2, 2008

Thanks!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 2, 2008

My advice was for the content exams, of course. For the PLT, best bet is to look through the materials from your teacher-education courses; best answers are always child-centered and assume an ideal classroom (compliant children, compliant parents, teachers' judgment trusted, money and support plentiful).