Butcher Paper

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mjennings, Aug 6, 2008.

1. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Aug 6, 2008

Hi all

Just wondering if any of you have used butcher paper before. I am making a new behavior chart of a river in a jungle. And my kids names will all be on fish, when they misbehave they have to more their fish. If their fish reaches the top then they have been caught being a bad fish and note goes home. Im going to attempt to draw this river but I wasnt sure if I should just draw it on the board using paint (which should last on the dry erase board) or if I should use a poster board, etc.

I would like to use it on my dryerase board so that i can use magnets on the back of the fish.

Someone mentioned using butcher paper but not sure where to get it and if it would work. Any suggestions or ideas to make it magnetic?

thanks

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2008

Butcher paper is usually provided by your school, but I guess your school doesn't provide it since you're not sure where to get it. It comes on big bolts and is available in lots of colors. If your school doesn't supply it, try a local teacher supply store.

4. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 6, 2008

If you choose to use butcher paper you can always use newsprint and get a bolt of it from the newspaper. They always give us some as long as we return the bolt/roll it's on... Apparently they can't use it unless it has a certain amount on it and when it's low they'll give us the leftovers...which usually lasts us several years! :)

5. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Aug 6, 2008

For the magnetic part...you can find rolls of adhesive magnetic strips at most craft stores. You just cut it to the size you need, then stick it onto the back of whatever you need to be magnetized. I also save those floppy fridge magnets that companies give away as advertising. I cut them to the needed size then glue them on.