Bummed

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by acl1974, Jan 18, 2012.

1. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Jan 18, 2012

It's been a bit since I saw anything posted for a school district near me, but then there was a posting for a position I felt I might at least have a shot at getting an interview call on. Then, I read on a message board that they are actually looking for an English teacher/football coach. I wish it would have stated that in the actual job description so that I wouldn't have worked so hard on the cover letter and sending out the resume with all of the requested documents. I may not have been called in for an interview anyway, but I'll definitely not hear back now. Back to the drawing board and waiting for the spring in hopes that something opens up.
    Just wanted to vent a little.
    Also, it's been a long time since I ever had to send out resumes. Is it appropriate to send hard copy resumes to every district around me, even if they have not posted open positions?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jan 18, 2012

At least your cover letter and resume are ready in case another position opens up and you never know, they might choose you.

I would definitely drop off hard copies to districts that aren't posting positions yet. Just getting in the school and making sure that they have your materials is a great way to show them that you are interested.

4. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Jan 19, 2012

Thanks for responding. You're right, though, that there is a bright side in that I worked really hard to polish the application materials so I'll be ready to go next time.

I plan to visit the schools with the hard copies too. I will do whatever it takes.

5. teacher girl

teacher girl Comrade

Jan 19, 2012

try teacher fairs : ) and keep the faith. the right job will come along at the right time.

6. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Feb 17, 2012

Just got the "we are sorry, but went with someone who better meets our requirements" letter today. Although I knew I wouldn't be considered, it still kinda stung. I am, however, happy to receive the letter at all since so many districts just ignore you and you never hear back. I appreciate them letting me know.

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 17, 2012

I'm sorry. Next time they have an opening, they'll already have a football coach and won't need to tie that to the requirements. Go for it then!

8. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Feb 17, 2012

Ha!!!! Looking at the positive side of rejection :) I like that.

9. BB0211

BB0211 Companion

Feb 17, 2012

I'm sorry to hear. :( hang in there. The job hunt is tough. With your determinaton, you will land something soon.