Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'General Education' started by AMK, Jul 22, 2009.

1. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 22, 2009

I need an idea to welcome the children for my large bulletin board. I have done kites, tee shirts, crayons and such...Looking for something new. Any ideas?

3. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Jul 22, 2009

I make paper chocolate chip cookies and write each child's name on one. I then staple up those cheap foil pans and put the cookies on the cookie sheet. The title is "welcome My School's Newest Batch of Smart Cookies."

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 22, 2009

Sailboats- Sailing into...
    Hot air balloons
    Gumball machine
    Puzzle pieces

5. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Jul 22, 2009

What about dividing it into equal sections, 1 per child. You could have THEM create something the first day to go in it.

6. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Jul 22, 2009

I have done the same. I change the cookies every month. For example for October I might use bat or pumpkin cookies and then change the wording to a "Spooky Batch of Cookies."

7. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 22, 2009

What kind of wording do you use for gumball machine? I'm tired of stars that I've done the past two years and trying to come up with something new...any ideas are greatly appreciated!

8. divey

divey Companion

Jul 23, 2009

"Ms. _____'s Grape Bunch" - put each child's name on a purple balloon and staple (very carefully;-)) to your bulletin board (also needs green leaves and curling ribbon vines)

"Welcome to Ms. ______'s class...We make the perfect pair" - put each child's name on a flip flop and decorate around it to look like a beach scene (I traced a pattern and then cut a small slit on either side and at the top and then threaded colorful matching ribbon through to look like a flip flop). I even got a huge piece of bulletin board paper (white) and painted it with brownish paint and while still wet sprinkled sand on it to look like the beach. It looks really cool, but of course, the custodians aren't to happy when it "sheds" :blush:

"The Sky's the Limit in _____ grade" - use multi-colored balloons with strings attached to make a bunch of balloons.

**Only suggestion about using balloons....don't put them up too early...one year my grapes looked like raisins by the day of open house! :toofunny:

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2009

My nephew had a teacher named Ms Gomez- Her title was Ms Gomez's Gumballs...kind of funny considering the rule always is no gum in school!! It was colorful, cheeful and bright- the kids loved it.

10. skerns

skerns Companion

Jul 23, 2009

11. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 23, 2009

I'm writing my kids' names on shoes and using the phrase "Put your best foot forward". I'm also going to look for different quotes about feet or journeys or the like.

Last year I put up monkeys swinging on vines with the words "Swing on into 5th grade".