Bulletin Board Storage

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by daysy_may, Jul 16, 2006.

1. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jul 16, 2006

Hi all! I'm just getting geared up to get my kindergarten classroom ready, and I have been lucky in that I have SOOO much bulletin board stuff from teachers that I have volunterred with that have retired. My question, what is the best way to store this stuff? :thanks:

(I didn't know quite where to put this, so if there's a better spot for it, feel free to move it)

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 16, 2006

Lucky you to get those resources! I use the regular poster storage box that you get at teacher stores, the heavy cardboard kind. It has dividers and holds an awful lot. The posters are divided by subject area.

I put small, seasonal items (die cuts, etc.) in my monthly files. I've ordered plastic hanging bags that I want to use for more storage of accessories, but I'm not sure what will go in them yet.

4. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 16, 2006

I also use the cardboard storage boxes from the teacher store. I have the large one for bulletin board sets and the long one for borders. They work really well for me.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 16, 2006

I've also seen people who use the under-the-bed boxes... big but relatively flat.

6. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Jul 16, 2006

I really like the storage boxes that you get at teacher stores. You can also get organizers for the boxes.

7. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jul 16, 2006

ok, good thank you for all the responses everyone! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions the closer it gets!:p

8. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Aug 5, 2006

I took the tubes that I got from posters that came in the mail. Then I stacked them up together and taped them around.

Now I have a series of tubes that all stand up and fit in the closet section of my wall locker. Perfect fit!