Bulletin Board storage

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, May 28, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

May 28, 2002

Does anyone have any good ideas for storing bulletin board materials? I just lost my classroom and will need to store things at home and I want to be able to see what I have and find things easily. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

May 30, 2002

Moving out of a classroom is hard.... I did the same thing two years ago when I changed schools. The best thing that I can suggest is to LABEL! LABEL!! LABEL!!! It sure made things alot easier when it came time to unpack those boxes.

Storage of large bulletin board materials... Use two large pieces of tagboard and tape them together on three sides... place your large bulletin board pieces inside the pouch and label. OR... use large pieces of cardboard

For small items such as letters, I use the manilla clasp envelops. I set the envelops upright in a storage container so that they do not slip and get wrinkled.

TIP.... laminated items store much easier and are less likely to bend.

Hope this helps you out.
    RW

4. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Jun 28, 2002

Invest in the large bulletin board boxes that are available at your local school supply store. If they don't have, check out www.lakeshorelearning.com. The boxes come in bullletin board (smaller) and chart box size. They also have cardboard folders that you can use to label as units or whatever meets your needs. This is how I store all mine in my classroom. If I need to move everything is in a box in one place. They are very inexpensive and a lifesaver. Good Luck!!

P.S. Border boxes are also available.