bulletin board question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by lcluigs03, Jul 25, 2009.

1. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Jul 25, 2009

i have a large BB that i have in the back of the room. i broke it into 3 separate BBs using borders. one part is for AR tracking, one part is for the writing process posters, but i don't know what to do with the third part.

here's what i was thinking:

in reading we emphasize the curriculum/reading strategies. so i would focus on one a week. i could post stories and helpful things on this BB to help the students. i then would refer back to it and use it for lessons (if i can figure that out).

what do you think? good idea? bad? how can i improve it?

i also need a math BB of some sort, but i don't have another BB. i do have blank wall space that i can post things on. i can put butcher paper on it and a border and use it as a BB.

what do you think? good idea? bad? how can i improve it?

thanks!
    LC

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

4. passionateacher

passionateacher Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

You could make the Reading BB interactive by posting a genre, maybe in a question form and having the students respond to it on sticky notes.

example 1: What do you visualize as you read the story? (Visualize/create mental images is one of our strategies) Students can draw pictures and matching page numbers on index cards. That way you could look at the page to check that their picture makes sense.

example 2: Make a text-to-text connection with the story....and so on.:angel: