Bulletin Board Must Haves

Discussion in 'Sixth Grade' started by FutureFLTeacher, Aug 1, 2007.

1. FutureFLTeacher

FutureFLTeacher Companion

Aug 1, 2007

I'm getting to see my classroom for the very first time next Tuesday, it's already been cleaned and painted...this time is for me to work on any bulletin board projects, decorating, etc.

I know I have one fairly large bulletin board in my class and that's it. I'm trying to narrow down the "must haves" for this board (i.e. classroom rules). With such a small area to work with what are the definite items I'll need to post?

I'd like to be able to decorate it a little bit as well, so keeping the "must haves" to a bare minimum is what I'm trying to go for...:)

3. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Aug 1, 2007

I have my classroom rules on a poster, not on a bulletin board. A lot of those "must haves" could probably be displayed on posters or other papers, instead of taking up space on a bulletin board.

4. FutureFLTeacher

FutureFLTeacher Companion

Aug 1, 2007

They just repainted our classrooms so something tells me that the walls aren't going to be game for hanging things like posters...because I was thinking the exact same thing. Guess I'll have to see next week where we can and can't place things.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

5. MrsMcD

MrsMcD Rookie

Aug 2, 2007

Don't forget about the shades on your windows! I suppose it depends on how your shades are, but ours are *huge* and never up all the way. I like to use them to hang things that are reminders, but not something that needs to be the center of attention all of the time. :)

I'm off to do bulletin boards next week - hope it all goes well for you!!

6. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 2, 2007

Calender.

7. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

Aug 2, 2007

Another place you can hang things is on the side of filing cabinets or your desk. I was in my room rearranging furniture yesterday, and I turned a filing cabinet sideways, so the outside is a great clean surface to display things on.

8. KRaeLamb

KRaeLamb Rookie

Aug 2, 2007

Remember the back of your door, the ceiling, chalkboard, edges of tables, frame your posters or rules and place them on tops of shelves, backs of student chairs, lockers, cubbies, the list goes on and on.....