Bulletin Board ideas

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by amersk, Jun 23, 2009.

1. amersk

amersk Rookie

Jun 23, 2009

I just got my keys to my new classroom last week and noticed there is not a lot of room for bulletin boards and wall space to hang stuff. One whole side of the room is gone because of windows and the other side is gone because of sheleves. That leaves me with 1 white board, 1 chalkboard and 3 bulletin boards. Im trying to decide what I should hang up because I realize i need to limit myself now.
    What are the must haves that I should have posted in my first grade classroom?

3. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Jun 23, 2009

I have a similar situation. I have 1 chalk board 3 large bulletin boards and 1 half sized one. I use one BB for the word wall, 1 for calendar and one for student writing/projects on display. Last year the small one was dedicated to our literacy station schedule. The year before I used it for teacher related stuff (it was by my desk that I have since parted with).

4. luv2teach1st

luv2teach1st Rookie

Jun 23, 2009

I have a word wall on one BB, my morning meeting activities (calendar, days of school, patterns...) on another, My center chart with student names, and one more for student work.

5. Pooh42

Pooh42 Companion

Jun 23, 2009

BB Boards

I only have one large bulletin board in my classroom-I use that for my calendar/math board and "Top Banana" board. I also have one small one outside my room. I used a wall to display my behavior board.

6. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 25, 2009

You can also get creative in making your own boards. I used to have 2 corkboards leaning against my desk that I used as bulletin boards. Also closet doors work well too. I have pics of both on my site under classroom images.

7. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jun 25, 2009

you can always use windows to display work and drape material over shelf then use material as backdrop for displays.

8. Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer Companion

Jun 27, 2009

I don't have many bulletin boards in my room, and I rejoice! I hate thinking up cutesy things to put up. I did cover one of my white boards to make a calendar/math meeting board, but otherwise, I just put up lots of student work. My room is pretty bare on the first day of school, but the walls (both inside and outside my room) are filled quickly with the wonderful things my kids make.