Bulletin Board Ideas?

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Leanne7b, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Leanne7b

Leanne7b Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I have been trying to think of cute bulletin board ideas for the beginning of school.. any ideas?

A couple I have thought of will use photos of the kiddos..what should I do for back to school night when I don't have the pictures yet? :confused:

YAY for the 1st grade forum :)

3. aya

aya Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I like the idea of a outside scene with a clothes line hanging that says "look who is hanging out in ___ grade!" Then hang t-shirt cut outs with clothes pins (mini if you can find at Michaels or Hobby Lobby). Write each childs name on a t-shirt...when you have pictures, you can add them to the t-shirts. I have done this in the past and it was very cute. If you are looking for more classroom ideas visit my blog at ilearntechnology.com or tenkely.org. Good luck!

4. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2007

I did one that said "I'm not lion I'm wild about first grade"...heres a photo

[​IMG]

5. armygirl8894

armygirl8894 Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Hey Hanvan, I really like that! ?, Where did you find those letters?I've never seen those kind. I'm used to seeing Ellison die cut ones. Those were pretty fancy.

6. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Jul 24, 2007

I'm either doing "First Grade is Hopping with Excitement!" with frogs or "First Grade is Sunsational!" with a big rainbow and names on little suns. I can't decide--I already bought the frog stuff so I should probably stick with that, but I have a lot of garden, sun, rainbow decor from last year. Last year I did "Kindergarten is in Full Bloom" with large 3-D puffy flowers made from paper and did the kids' names on little bees. I like the lion one--that's cute!

7. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2007

I just got them at the teacher supply store...

I forgot to add that I wrote the kids names on the lion

8. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 25, 2007

I teach in a Catholic school ~ So my outside BB theme is going to be religious this year!

I'm doing the Bible quote about following Jesus to become "Fishers of Men" and having their names on little fish ~ with a net and a big picture of Jesus and the apostles. Should be cute. :)

Inside I am not sure what to do just yet.
    :hugs: :love:

9. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 25, 2007

I want to do a door display. I have a beehive and bees which I'll write their names on. On the beehive I'll write "Buzz On in to First Grade!" I don't know if I'll have a bulletin board. We'll see.

After kids come I REALLY want to do a bulletin board with these schoolbus glyphs we do. It would be fun for open house for the parents to try to figure out which one belongs to their child.

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2007

Can you post your school bus glyph? :rolleyes:

11. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

:hijack: i plan on doing a frog glyph. I have never done a glyph before so tell me if i am on the right track....the students will color their frog depending on boy/girl(green and yellow) spots on the frog will show their age, flies in tummy represent number of brothers and sisters and I planned on them coloring the spots their favorite color.

Is this the right idea?:hijack: sorry....

12. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

I purchased some little monkeys with bananas to put the students names on, and the same matching border. I found foam monkey faces on clearance at Michaels so I would like to use these for a great Bulletin Board about beginning first grade...Any suggestions as to wording? I could make a palm tree or something else as well???

Chris

13. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

"We're Bananas About First Grade!" or
    "We Don't Monkey Around in First Grade!"

14. aya

aya Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

You could use something like, "We are bananas for ____grade!"

15. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 25, 2007

The school bus glyph is from a book, but I can type it out for you. You'd have to draw your own school bus outline I guess. And also wheels and windows.

How do you get to school?
    Color of bus: yellow- in a car orange- by bus blue- by bike green-walk

Did you go to this school last year?
    Color of wheels: black- yes brown- no

How old are you?
    Number on bus: 6- six 7-seven.... etc etc

Who else in your family goes to this school?
    Number of windows: 4-one sister 3-one brother 2=more than one brother or sister 1-only me

16. Pattie

Pattie Companion

Jul 26, 2007

I've always done watermelons first day. I buy one, we cut it up, guess number of seeds, eat and count seeds etc. Then we use watered down glue and green and red tissue paper and paint small one inch squares of tissue paper down on a triangle shape or half circle shape. The caption I put up is "Summer Vacations" and we write what we did this summer on watermelon shaped paper I got from Mailbox. When watermelon are dry glue on the seeds. It makes the cutest bulletin board and we finish the first day of school.
    Another one I've done first week is apples out of 2 pieces of red or green or yellow butcher paper in about a 10 inch cirlce and fill them with tissue paper and then staple all around and add leaves and a worm kid drawn and cut out. We write A P P L E (acrostic poems )vertically on paper. You could think of a cute heading "A Great New Bunch in Room 2" or something like that. Very colorful, very cute & easy too.

17. ranger1stgrd

ranger1stgrd Companion

Jul 26, 2007

Have your monkeys on or around a tree with vines "Swinging on in to First Grade"

18. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2007

Cute! Thanks!!:wub:

19. Crys68

Crys68 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Thanks for the bulletin board ideas...Now, I need to find someone artistic to draw a palm tree :D I also need to wait until I can get into my school because I don't have much supplies. (new teacher)

I would like to come up with some other monkey ideas around the room or in my lessons if anyone thinks of anything...

Chris:thanks:

20. armygirl8894

armygirl8894 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

hanvan, I found and bought those dot to dot letters. Thanks for sharing. You know I didn't realize there is a big selection on pre-made letters. There were so many kinds with lots of different patterns, dots, gingham, colors, safari prints. Wow, I've been closed off from so much variety. I was so used to just using the die cuts from school. Now I know where to get cool looking letters for future uses. Thanks again! :D

21. amazngraece

amazngraece Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Don't forget to read Caps for Sale...and perhaps do graphing or wear a hat day on Friday, etc.......:)

22. cait21

cait21 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007

Hi! For one of my bulletin boards this year I will be doing:

"OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO" (from Dr. Seuss's book... then I put up a "road" around the quote and put cut-out little children reading 3-d books along the road.. on the books, I put the different genres we will be reading, such as fiction, poetry, non-fiction, fables, etc. I got a few compliments on this already!