bulletin board idea

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by lcluigs03, May 25, 2006.

1. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

May 25, 2006

hey everyone. i tried posting this on the bulletin board tip spot, but it wouldn't let me even open the page so i could. so i'll post it here. i thought of this last night as i was tossing and turning. let me know what you think and please go ahead and use it if you like it.

“3rd grade…Ba Da Ba Ba Ba…I’m loving It!”
    Go to the local McDonald’s and ask the manager for some hamburger and cheese burger wrappers to use to either cover your board or have one for each kiddo (hamburger for boys and cheese burger for girls or vice versa). Also, ask for enough small or medium French fry boxes to have one for each kiddo. Make French fries coming out of the box and put the student’s name on the fries. Then viola…you’re done!

what student doesn't know that commercial? lol.

also, you could use the energizer bunny.
    "Energizing up for 3rd grade...We keep going and going and going"
    make a large energizer bunny (copy it onto a transparency and then draw on big paper) and post it on the bulletin board. make batteries for each student out of paper (make sure they look like energizer batteries) and where it should say energizer...write their name.

there are a bunch of other slogans you could use too, but these two i think the students will recognize.
    have fun!
    LC

3. SweetMsNC

SweetMsNC Rookie

May 25, 2006

Cute Ideas. I've seen one that is also very cute, and simple to do. The teacher simplt tacted a pair of old jeans onto the board underneath the title "We're Simply Jean-iuses" (sp?) On the board she posted some of the students best work along with a neat cut out border. It seemed so creative and simple to do! I hope this helps!

4. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

May 25, 2006

Cute ideas! I'm always looking for new bulletin board ideas! Be sure you capitalize the I in "I'm loving it!" That drives me crazy! I emphasize to the k-2 students that anytime they see I alone it is capitalized. One of them brought it to my attention that McDonald's didn't! :/ No wonder the students have a difficult time with grammar and spelling! Most advertisements are incorrect!!!