Bulletin board idea, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by TXTeacher4, Aug 8, 2007.

1. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Aug 8, 2007

My classroom theme is going to be Texas/western for the second year in a row. However, this year I was thinking of making my outside bulletin board different. I am playing with the thought of doing a High School Musical bulletin board for back to school. The new movie is coming out and all the kids are talking about it. Maybe a few pictures of the cast and "Were all in this together...welcome to 4th grade" for the title. It is a huge bulletin board, so I am going to come up with some more ideas on how to fill it up.

What do you think? Is it ok to have that outside the classroom and then walk in to the wild west when you step through the door? Can you think of anything to go with it?

3. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Aug 8, 2007

My outside bulletin board never matches my classroom theme. I think you need some variety! :)

4. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 9, 2007

I think that shows that you care about what your kids are into! GO FOR IT! My kids would love it!

5. MsKay

MsKay Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

I think thats a great idea. I saw a bunch of HS Musical stuff today at Wal Mart. It is very exciting for all the kids! Do it!

6. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 9, 2007

Where do you live?? In my city, HS Musical is playing at a local theatre in September... I'm NOT taking my class though. I think it would cause some kids to keel over in joy! I'm not ready to go into the obssesive, continuous playing of the CD in my room. That happened two years ago, and boy was I relieved when last year no one brought the CD in. (They played it at recess.)