Bulletin Board Help...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by skelley, Aug 1, 2005.

1. skelley

skelley Rookie

Aug 1, 2005

I have bought a pre-created bulletin board set with a tropical tree and many small parrots to put the kids names on. My question is do you all have any suggestions on a title...I was thinking about something like "Everyone's talking about Mrs. H- class" but I don't know if they would get the parrot and talking connection. Also, do you all have any ideas on what I could add to make the board more noticeable? All suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

3. srh

srh Devotee

Aug 1, 2005

Sounds cute! You could always make it appear that there is a dialog between a couple of the parrots, using "talking bubbles." You could use your computer to type the message(s) and print on colored paper to match the background... In fact, it would be really cute to have the first parrot say whatever, and then reduce the same message in size and have it appear that the other parrots are repeating it. Okay, sometimes I get carried away...

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2005

I think that sounds adorable.

5. luv3rdgrade

luv3rdgrade New Member

Aug 1, 2005

great bb with the tree

I have the same tree with the parrots....and created a cool bb. black paper for a background.....parrots scattered around the tree....and yellow bananas hanging from the tree with student names on them(the banana outline came from the paper that comes with the bb from the store...I laminated the bananas 1st so i could reuse them!). Then I took neon colored letters and made the words: We're Bananas About School! I received many compliments on the board. Hope this idea helps!

6. skelley

skelley Rookie

Aug 1, 2005

Thanks so much for the great ideas....sometimes you just get a mental block you know? It's nice to have a place to come to for suggestions. Thanks again! :D