Bullentin Board Help!

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by LetsDoSomeMath, Jul 15, 2011.

1. LetsDoSomeMath

LetsDoSomeMath Rookie

Jul 15, 2011

Hi Everyone!

I need some creative help--- I'm in the process of putting up a bullentin board in my classroom-- It'll be where I post student work.... I'm having a hard time coming up with a slogan to write....

I have a few different borders I can use---- Stars, a highway with a bunch of hwy type signs and roads..... math numbers.... etc, a lot of borders!

I was wanting to use the hwy border--- but can't think of anything clever to write--- A friend of mine who teaches elementary school has one that she wrote: "Buzzing around high quality work" and the board has bees and flowers--- Super cute!

I teach middle school math--- I think the bee's are too cutesy for middle school--- Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!

3. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Jul 15, 2011

I teach middle school and my classroom theme is bees. The kids do not seem to think it is too young or cutsy. Our school mascot is a hornet. It takes a while for the kids to catch on and tie into the relationship of Honey and bees and some never do but its fun and makes me smile when I think about it. I use bee borders on boards, whiteboards etc. I have a set of posters that say things like "Be Positive", "Be Prompt", etc. you get the idea. So if you want to use that them and incorporate the bees I would go for it! There are boarders and things out there that look like they are for the younger kids but you can find appropriate decorations.
    There is a science teacher at my school who also does bees and he has bee curtains, some of the same borders, and plenty of that stuff too so I dont think its inappropriate.

This is one of my boarders: http://www.teacherstorehouse.com/pr...&season_key=&grade_key=&product_category_key=

This a cute trim for your idea: Its Buzzy Bees
    http://www.teacherstorehouse.com/pr...&season_key=&grade_key=&product_category_key=

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2011

You want a construction theme? OK, let's see...

"Yield! Mathematicians at Work!"

"Stop for some Great Grades!"

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2011

On the road with great math thinking!

Finding new routes in problem solving...

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2011

Traversing the Super Highway

Race to Success

Nascar Cup Winners

7. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Jul 15, 2011

On the note of using school mascots, we are wolves so my bulletin board is "Wolves at Work" and then I'm having another wall for "Masterful Mathematicians" since I teach math.

For a highway theme you could use "Caution! Awesome Work Up Ahead"

8. LetsDoSomeMath

LetsDoSomeMath Rookie

Jul 15, 2011

Thanks for all the ideas!!! I like the Mascot idea---- We're the Patriots--- I'll have to think on that one.

9. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Jul 16, 2011

I teach math as well and I am curious to hear abou tthis "Masterful Mathematicians" Is it a wall to display student work? If so what kind of work do you display? I had a really hard time figuring out what to display last year. Of course there is the tessellation unit which offers plenty of student work to display but other than that I just went with test that were a B and above. I sent home die cuts and had the parents write a message on congrats to the student, I stapled it to the test and hung it up. Believe it or not my kids loved it and looked forward to getting their cut out. I always went with the current holiday or season for the die cuts. But Im looking for ideas of how to display more work this year!!