Budgeting/Saving for the summer months

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ECE ABC, May 9, 2015.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

May 17, 2015

August was always a horrible month for me! I usually wanted to get new goodies for my classroom, but had to remind myself that I was on a budget.

I get a four week vacation now that I'm an administrator, but the district also makes us attend several workshops throughout the summer (during our four weeks off). I do get paid for 12 months, though, which is nice.

2. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

May 19, 2015

Received more info on the ''spreading out of our paychecks'' from our union President.

It looks like they are changing our health insurance (for all staff including teachers and administration) and because of the weekly/monthly cost to us they want to pay us more often to make the weekly deductions lower....this will include union dues as well which I was told will go down as well with our new union.

By spreading everything out into 5 additional paychecks (if you count the additional check during winter break) as well as getting additional paychecks in both September and June.

Now we would be getting paid September 1st to July 1st and if you do summer school (another additional 5 checks) like I do every year you will receive checks until the first Friday in August!

I like the idea of spreading it out more and more and not having to worry about getting paid....especially with summer school, I will get paid on an 11 month cycle basically!!!

This has never been offered to us before, so its a really big deal for us.

Of course I will have to adjust to smaller checks (kind of scares me!!!) but I think I can do that knowing that I will be paid non stop until early August every year:D

3. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 31, 2015

Not having money issues this summer!!!!!

So, summer school has ended and I got paid today which is always a great thing--------and August 7th will be my last check from summer school.

Luckily, I have my part time survey job which has been very helpful AND i just completed a month long research study that will pay me $560 and will be arriving within the next 2 weeks.

This will be the first summer i will have enough money coming in to get me through until school starts, i am so relieved and can actually really enjoy my summer :):):)