Buddy Class Encouragement Idea

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by lehcar1021, May 3, 2010.

1. lehcar1021

lehcar1021 Rookie

May 3, 2010

My kindergarten class has "adopted" a 3rd grade class for the next 2 weeks in order to encourage them and cheer them on for their end of grade test coming up. I am looking for ideas for my K students to do for the 3rd graders. I really want to write up a poem or song for my kids to say/sing or post in their room. We might make them a special snack one day... any ideas? Any good luck poems to share??

3. carlea

carlea Comrade

May 3, 2010

My K-team did this (when I taught k)!

We only did this for a week though. On the first day we hung a poster outside of their classroom which stayed up for the duration of testing. On one of the days we had the students make a card for a specific student in the class (some k's made more than one because of class size differences). One of the days we did a cooking activity (cookies usually) and sent them over to the students.

The students (and the teachers) really appreciated the support!

4. lehcar1021

lehcar1021 Rookie

May 3, 2010

What kind of poster did you put up?

5. carlea

carlea Comrade

May 4, 2010

One year the poster said something like "We're cheering for you" and I had painted pom poms and had the k's decorate megaphones. Another year I painted a big hand holding a pencil and above it wrote "May the force be with you" and the students created stars all over the poster. I just used 5-6 feet of butcher paper for the posters.

6. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

May 6, 2010

I think the whole concept of being "cheerleaders" for an upper grade class is such a thoughtful and cute idea! :thumb:

I LOVE IT! :)

7. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

May 6, 2010

The 1st graders came to cheer us on last year with a visit and a card that said "We know you are a bunch of Smarties!!!" and it had a small pack of the smarties candies attached.