Bubbles theme in Pre-k?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by cml88, May 19, 2012.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

May 19, 2012

Has anyone ever done a mini-bubbles unit in pre-k with the kids? Like making bubbles and using different things to do so. ...If so, how did it go and what did you do?

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 19, 2012

-follow a recipe to make bubbles together
    -make bubble blowers using recycled items
    -read "Bubble, Bubble" by Mercer Mayer then draw bubbles in glue and glitter them and write/dictate what they look like
    -use whisks and egg beaters to form bubbles in the water table
    -bubble painting
    -tape bubble wrap down on table and add baby shampoo and a little water for a great sensory experience
    -paint bubble wrap and use to make prints
    -put soap and water in a bottle - leave room - kids shake them up to make bubbles - I guess you could use the shakers for music time
    -what other things form bubbles - baking soda and vinegar, for example - great to do in a big tub full of baking soda and kids use eye droppers to add vinegar - food coloring makes it beautiful
    -tasting fizzy water
    -hmmm....anyone have one of those soda makers so they could create bubbly drinks?
    -give them a piece of bubble wrap and dice and they can pop the number of bubbles they roll
    -use a bubble machine during music and movement time for kids to pop as they dance

These are just the obvious ones I could think of...hope it helps.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 19, 2012

Fill a swimming pool with bubble solution, have child stand in middle. Use a hula hoop to pull a bubble up around the child.

5. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

May 20, 2012

Tape a hula hoop down on the table. Cover with a garbage bag-Split the bag open so the whole hoop and the circle inside it are covered.. Fill the Hula Hoop outline with bubble solution. Use bubble wands, straws, etc. to blow bubbles. The bubbles will stay in the hula hoop. Try touching the bubbles with dry (they pop) and wet (they don't) hands, wands, cars, etc. My students are always amazed when they drive a car right through a bubble and it doesn't pop! We make our own wands with pipe cleaners in other shapes (squares, stars, ovals, etc.) and see if they make bubbles in those shapes.

6. Alesia

Alesia Companion

May 20, 2012

You could also blow bubbles using colored milk and straws.

7. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

May 21, 2012

Bubble prints: put some food coloring in water (different colors in different cups) and have the kids blow bubbles so it almost overflows and then put a piece of paper over it and let dry. Makes pretty cool pictures, especially if they use a variety of colors. I did this last summer with my special ed preschool class and other than making sure they didn't drink the water it was a success : )