Brochure?

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by AChancetoTeach, Jul 29, 2005.

1. AChancetoTeach

AChancetoTeach Comrade

Jul 29, 2005

OK, need your advice. What do you think of mailing a tri-fold brochure to the schools that I have already submitted resumes to? We're getting down to the wire and I want to keep/get my name up front. Brochure has info on it about me, philosophy of education, hobbies and interest, honors I received, and quotes from my supervisor and cooperating teachers. Should I send? :confused:

3. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Jul 29, 2005

I would probably call the schools to check up on your resume first...and when you talk to them see if they would like you to send a brocure.

4. AChancetoTeach

AChancetoTeach Comrade

Jul 29, 2005

Also, the resumes were sent out way back in Feb/Mar. That's why I want to bring my name back to the forefront.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 30, 2005

Can't hurt your chances... why not? ;)

I would prioritize, though, with the schools that still have openings. ;)

6. IndyJo

IndyJo Companion

Jul 30, 2005

Sound like a great idea. The administration should like your initiative and tech skills. Your name will definitely stick out.

7. Miss Steele

Miss Steele Companion

Jul 30, 2005

Someone I know did that and 2 principals called her (she didn't apply to many schools) and 1 told her that he was very impressed with what she sent to him, because it was so unique, but they didn't have any positions, and the other called her in for an interview and pretty much said the same thing. This district wanted to hire an experienced teacher so she didn't get the job, but it definitely got her noticed! I would say go for it! I probably should have done that myself.... ;)

8. AChancetoTeach

AChancetoTeach Comrade

Jul 30, 2005

Thanks!

Thanks for all of your responses. I think that at this point I don't have anything to lose and I am going to send some out to districts that I know may have openings. I will hand deliver the ones within driving distance. Most of the resumes I sent out were early in the spring so I want to get my name back out there and not have it in a file somewhere! :)

9. msm123

msm123 Rookie

Jul 31, 2005

I just wrote a reply in another posting about using a brochure I think its great idea I am about to use them to.