Brochure Sample??

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by katydid205, Mar 8, 2007.

1. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

Mar 8, 2007

Does anyone have a brochure that they created for interviews saved on their computer that they'd be willing to share w/ me by emailing it to me? I have been working on one, and I just don't think it looks near as neat as I invisioned. THANK YOU!!!

3. abk327

abk327 Rookie

Mar 8, 2007

what did you included in your brochure? I am in the middle of creating one and included so far my philosophy of education and some qualifications contact info...what else should i include, I have two other pages to put info on?

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 8, 2007

If any one ever complete ones can you post pictures? I can not envision it either. I would love to make one but I have no idea what to even put on there.

5. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Mar 8, 2007

Jaime, I am curious as well. If anyone has one to share, I'd love to see it.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 8, 2007

I don't have one, but the problem solver in me loves the idea.

What do you want to accomplish with the brochure? Other than just to stand out from the crowd, what should this brochure tell the reader about you that your resume doesn't?

-You could do one that includes your philosophy, why you want to become a teacher, favorite quotes on education, educational background, that type of stuff-- kind of a PS to your resume

-- You could do one that gave a rundown of your favorite lessons. If you're elmentary, I would imagine that you want a variety of different disciplines here. (I think I like this idea a lot!!) It would make you stand out in a way that would really grab attention-- and open the door for an interview.

Why not hit www.vistaprint.com and play with their templates? Even if you don't order from them, you might get a better idea of layout.

7. Lilu0819

Lilu0819 Companion

Mar 8, 2007

What about adding pictures of you teaching those lessons, as well?

8. Buckeye

Buckeye Rookie

Mar 9, 2007

How will you be delivering these to the school? Would these be a follow up to a resume, sent in the mail or hand delivered? I would love to see an example too. It sounds like a great idea.

Buckeye

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 9, 2007

I think these are going to start taking the place of portfolios. I also, need to get bf to make me an online portfolio that I can just add the link to my resume or cover letter.

10. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Mar 9, 2007

i did my brochure thru vista print!

11. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Mar 9, 2007

I would love to make one as well but don't know where to start

12. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Mar 10, 2007

I had a title page, my class schedule (times), homework policy, rules and discipline...

13. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 10, 2007

Ruthie was yours for you to hand out to parents, or for potential employers. I don't think I would want to put a schedule, homework policy and rules on it, because I'm planning on sending it with my job application or handing it out when I leave an interview. At least up here it seems that every school has their own ideas for schedules, homework and behavior plans

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2007

What are you hoping to accomplish with it? To give the interviewers a better idea of the kind of teacher you are? To give to parents so they'll know what to expect?

I think you really need to define a purpose before you begin.

15. ITeach4Him

ITeach4Him Comrade

Mar 10, 2007

I have a sample saved in .pdf format that I did with a scrapbooking program. If you'll pm me your e-mail address, I'll try to send you a copy of it.

I used my brochure to follow up with. Usually you send your resume on with your initial contact with school districts. When I went in for the actual interview, I would hand them this brochure as I was leaving and shaking their hand. It was a condensed form of my portfolio (since they usually don't take the time to look at that anyway). I got the job I have now with my brochure. The principal was looking through a file of resumes to call people in and found my brochure. It was easier to grab and had all my contact info and certifications on it!