Brochure Help -- Deadline

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by clovermeg, May 5, 2011.

1. clovermeg

clovermeg Rookie

May 5, 2011

So I've been trying to work on a brochure and I've even PM'd some posters that have said they are willing to share, but I haven't had any responses! I am now in DIRE need of help....I just found out today that I will be having surgery on May 23rd, which moves my whole job search "plan of attack" ahead one month. My goal is to have the brochure complete and printed this weekend and then I will spend a day next week hand delivering my resume and brochure....so ANYONE...please help, I am not good with designing things so I need help, I just want to see an good example.

Thanks for all of your help!!! I know this is last minute! :help:

Meg

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 5, 2011

I'll e-mail you mine if you pm your e-mail address.

4. Steph430

Steph430 Rookie

May 5, 2011

Vistaprint.com! Seriously, I had no clue either, am not really artistic, but I used one of their templates and it came out gorgeous! I included a blurb from my ed. philosophy, a little bit about me, my classroom management, and some areas I'm certified in. I also included pictures from various lessons I've taught. Hope that helps!

5. cmw

cmw Groupie

May 6, 2011

If you PM me your email I will send you my brochure I created last year through Vistaprint. It's very easy to do. I paid like $30 for 25 full color brochures with pictures. (You can get them for free too if you don't add the extras).

6. w0339150

w0339150 New Member

May 26, 2011

Teaching Brochure

Can you email me your brochure? I am trying to create one as well. My email address is w0339150@selu.edu. Thanks so much

7. peachacid

peachacid Companion

May 26, 2011

Is this a thing? I'd never heard of it before reading these posts...should I have a brochure? What do you do with it?

8. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

May 26, 2011

I had not heard of doing a brochure before this year either, peach, but I have found a lot of success with mine. I used Vistaprint because of the good reviews it's gotten from posters on this board, and I really think having a brochure has helped me stand out more. I just include one with my packet that I send out to schools after I've applied, and I also include it with the packet I give to people at interviews. Mine is very colorful (but still professional), and I think it's a nice way for schools to see who I am and let my personality shine through a little more than my cream colored cover letter does. :)

9. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

May 26, 2011

I first heard of it when we had to do it for a college assignment...in 2005! At the time they said you should leave it after you interview, I have had much more success when I mail it WITH my resume/cover letter...I believe it gives me an edge and helps me get into that interview slot.

10. eireannashley

eireannashley Rookie

May 30, 2011

I don't know if you still want to see one, but I just made one tonight to bring with me for a second interview. If you wanna see it, just send me your email and I will send it to you!