bring a resume to an interview?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by dennibee, Jun 9, 2014.

1. dennibee

dennibee New Member

Jun 9, 2014

I got this from somewhere, I can't remember.. but I didn't think of it on my own..

Should I bring copies of my resume to an interview since there is usually @4 people? I've done this twice and I get surprised looks. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I thought it looked professional to provide everybody with a copy, but now I'm doubting it. Has anybody else done this?

Thanks for any input :)

3. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Jun 9, 2014

I always do. I think it is good practice. I could be wrong, but it does allow for each individual to review your resume right then and there.

4. blake

blake Rookie

Jun 9, 2014

I would definitely bring them. I always bring at least 8 copies because one time i had a panel interview with 8 people, yes...8. While pretty much every interview I've been on I was told they already had copies of my resume, I have had two where I had to provide them. It's always best to be prepared. I think the fact that you're prepared would give you a few points with the interviewer. Imagine how it would be if they didn't have a copy of your resume and you didn't bring any.

5. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jun 9, 2014

My district makes a packet for each person on the interview panel. The packet consists of the interviewee's resume and letters of rec.

6. TamaraF

TamaraF Companion

Jun 9, 2014

It certainly doesn't hurt! Take copies just in case.

7. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 9, 2014

Same here. It's not a bad thing to bring one, though. I probably would, and then ask if they would like a copy at the beginning.

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 9, 2014

I also usually bring 8 unless I'm told to bring more. I have had a P sit on my panel last minute due to an unexpected opening.

9. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Jun 9, 2014

:agreed:

10. hatima

hatima Devotee

Jun 9, 2014

Do bring copies of your resume to the interview. I haven't and had the interviewer ask for it. (when they had it infront of them. I had emailed it to them---which is what got me the interview)

11. ScienceEd

ScienceEd Companion

Jun 10, 2014

I normally bring a job application packet: print the online app, resume, cover letter, copy of teaching certification, sample lesson plan, etc.

most don't ask for it but will look over it and it saves them time if they haven't already printed it out.