Breaking those "unwritten" rules

Discussion in 'General Education' started by stephenpe, Jul 29, 2007.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2007

Before school was out I promised Nick and Brandon a fishing trip.
    I had already taken Nick (caught LOTS of fish). I taught Brandon
    7 years of PE (was retained in K). ESE kid but was always my
    great helper and great athlete. Along with my step-nephew we are first going to tube down the Itchetucknee then over to the Suwannee River to fish. We have a place where the river meets the gulf so you can do all kinds of fishing. Wanted to get it done in
    June but the summer FLEW by with a 3 year old and 9 week old
    keeping us BUSY.............Will post after the trip. Leaving here about 5am tomorrow to collect them. Have to drive an hour one way and then back another hour to tube.

3. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2007

Well, caught few fish but they had fun. The tubing was great. Too windy to go out and fish the flats but we tried. I caught a 15"" redfish but they have to be 18. Brandon was like my 3 year old in a 12 year old body. As ADHD as can be. I now realize his parents werent worried about him but about me and if I could handle him.
    Much different with him 24 hours than the 40 min PE class.
    But got it done. Go back two weeks from today and Im about ready for it. My kid Nick lives with his grandmother and stepgrandad. His parents arent much help. He lives in a very old looking trailer and
    tiny rural town. His goal is go to Harvard Law. YOu have to love kids like that.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2007

I'm glad it went so well!